Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP - Progress Report

• 58 Replies
Re: First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2019, 01:13 AM »
Alright everyone!

Here's a flurry of progress pictures. Finished my gauntlets, and my shnees re-do, and I have some pictures of me with everything taped on and together to get a feel for how it will look completed.

DISCLAIMER: There are some things I am aware of that are wrong in the summary pictures. I had a guy taping the pieces onto me that didn't know much about mandalorians or their costumes.

Things that are wrong:
- He taped the chest/stomach plates on too low, and too far apart.
- He taped the wookie braids on OVER the cape.
- The cod piece should be lower, but I had to lodge it under my belt.
- The fitting for the pauldrons is too tight, and sits high on my shoulders and leans to one side. I need to re-fit it so it sits comfortably On top of my plates.
- I do not currently have a girth belt.
- I forgot to add the flamethrower hose on.
- Cape isn't sitting right.
- All the pieces are sitting a little strangely because they're taped on (they fell off a TON).

I know the lighting isn't too good, but if you guys see anything that needs attention I'm all ears. Is my Flight suit too baggy? That's my main concern right now.

Anyway, here are the pics!!

Here are my updated shnees!!

Everything taped together!

Enjoy! I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions!

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2019, 04:04 PM »
Great work! I would recommend adjusting the spacing of the chest plates so the spacing is even around the diamond. I would also recommend taking app-style photos outside in natural light so we can get a better look. Getting close!

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Great work! I would recommend adjusting the spacing of the chest plates so the spacing is even around the diamond. I would also recommend taking app-style photos outside in natural light so we can get a better look. Getting close!

Thanks! I've since had my Russ'alor help me re-shape and resize the plates, and am getting ready to attach the snaps in the right positions, and reshape some other pieces. :)

« Reply #48 on: Jun 16, 2019, 12:27 AM »
Gauntlets are finally done!

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #49 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Those look beautiful, vod!!  :like:

« Reply #50 on: Jun 17, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Those look beautiful, vod!!  :like:

Thanks, vod!!  :D

Padawan

• Kapr vakare cuyir vurel o'r gar riye
« Reply #51 on: Jun 17, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Those gauntlets look amazing, vod!

-Sofia C

Because I love the adrenaline in my veins, I do whatever it takes

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #52 on: Jun 19, 2019, 11:21 PM »
Those are super nice!

Ruus bal'Neta

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #53 on: Jun 20, 2019, 01:18 PM »
I can't see it in your taped on pictures but I know you have it based on your previous photos, but make sure when you get ready to apply you take a picture with the pauldron off so the app team can see your collar plate.

Tra'alor, Manda'galaar Clan / OM #1686 1/12/17 / Invasions: 114
Ruus bal'Neta - Brigade Member #253 - Vanguard Division / Shock Infantry / Droid Hunter (MMCC 1st approved 1/18/18)
Kyr’am Tyrahr #1686B approved 11/23/18
CAO Team
Former Ruus'alor (2018)
« Reply #54 on: Jun 24, 2019, 04:52 PM »
For sure, thanks! I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures of different layers of the armor. I'm getting snaps in place this week so some will be coming your way!

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
« Reply #55 on: Jun 25, 2019, 02:43 PM »
The paint application on this kit is very impressive!

Aden  :vizsla:

« Reply #56 on: Jun 28, 2019, 01:55 PM »

Thank you! I've had to be very creative with Rattle Can.

« Reply #57 on: Jul 17, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I've gotten all my plate armor on and got it approved by the Ruus'alors in my area! Just a few more steps. I have to attach my COD plate. I have to get my girth belt and holster, weather the soft parts a bit more, re-paint the armor plates, and tailor my flight suit sleeves a bit, so they're less baggy. So close, yet so far! I'll also soak the ends of my wookie braids in some fabric softener to combat their frizziness, and plan to use leather strips to tie them off rather than just leaving it with rubber bands, more a personal choice than anything.

Hey if you're the middle guy in your profile picture I think I bought my arc trooper pauldrons from you.

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019, 03:52 PM by Havelock » Logged

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #58 on: Jul 17, 2019, 03:52 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!