Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kurshi's Second Kit: Protector

• 1 Replies

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
Kurshi's Second Kit: Protector
« on: Dec 06, 2019, 01:12 AM »
Alright. So I've been tossing the idea around for about a year to do either a True Mandalorian or a Protector. That third chapter of The Mandalorian pushed me into needing to do a second kit, so here we go.

Don't worry Red Kurshi is not getting retired!

Iíll be trying to keep this as cost effective as possible. Not really a budget build, but I've let my wife know that it'll keep it reasonable.  :laugh:

Since Iíve got two 3íx4í sheets of 6mm sintra, Iíll be making a brand new set of plates from one. Per BRL guidelines, Iíll be keeping to a light armor configuration for this build.

Helmet
Collar
Shoulders
Chest
Backplate
Ab Plate
Gautlets
Cod
Knees

I'll be doing another Rubies Boba conversion for my bucket again too. Can't beat a $50 lid!

I plan on starting with soft parts first before getting my plate templates cut out. I did my templates and cutting before I had a vest on my first build and thought I'd do it differently this time around. I feel like it'll make things easier.

Flight Suit
I might have lined up a new flightsuit with thigh pockets, double sleeves, and hip pouches for a great deal. It's a much lighter gray, so if I manage to pick that up, I'll be set! I'll know more later this month and update with pictures when I can. Otherwise, I might have one commissioned. I'm terrible with a sewing machine!

Vest
I'll probably commission K'raam for a vest since I really do have some seriously sub par sewing skills. I'll see what my gray options are from him and if I need to buy a white one and dye it, I can do that.

Girth Belt
The plan is to do a homemade girth belt unless I stumble across a great deal.

Boots
I'll be going with some sort of gray suede Chelsea boots.

Spats
I'll get those from the Trading station

Gloves
I think I can make some appropriate gloves with a little bit of brainstorming. Otherwise, ManofWar sells them if I need to order a pair.

Cape
I'll definitely do a half cape. I currently have a linen cape, I love how light it is, but I might go something a bit heavier for this one. Maybe a little ESB stripe in there for fun.

Pouches
If I get the flight suit, It has hip pouches with it. For my belt pouches, I was thinking something along these lines:

As far as color scheme goes, it doesn't hurt to think ahead.

Primary
I've been trying to find some shade of green for my primary color. I spent some time on TDH and TheRPF and found some good leads on rattle can colors. I don't have airbrush access, so I'm limited on what I can do. Rustoleum makes a few nice greens: Satin Moss Green, Spruce Green and a Dark Hunter Green. I also came across a humbrol dark green 30 in an acrylic spray option. If anyone has any suggestions on those, I'm all ears! I've got them all sourced and priced at our local stores for when I'm ready. I mocked up the Spruce Green just to see how it all looks.

Secondary
I'm still debating. I'm liking this summer squash option. It's not too bright and I dig that.

And that's kinda where I'm at right now. I'm mostly in the planning stages and keeping my eyes open for bargains. As updates come, I'll be posting them!

MMCC #1484¶¶50 Career Invasions¶¶Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¶ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Kurshi's Second Kit: Protector
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:31 PM »
Big ol' picture heavy update coming!

So a friend has had an Arkady ESB Fett suit lying around for a few years. If you're familiar with The Dented Helmet, you'll know Arkady makes some great quality flight suits! This one didn't fit him, so he asked if I wanted to check it out. It even comes with the cloth hip pouches.
Uh... YES! So here's what I've got.

Now, I know those laced Rocket Dog boots aren't going to work, but it gives the idea of the boot height that I'll be using.

Notice in that last picture that the sleeves are a bit short. I'm not too worried because my gauntlets should hide that and I can use longer gloves to hide the skin. A minor issue. But overall, it seemed like it was gonna fit. So I threw on my vest and current knees, girth and pouch/cod belt.

Hue hue hue! This just might work! So I decided to throw on my current plates to check it out.

Either the vest's neckseal has to be removed or the flight suit's. I didn't factor in getting a flight suit like this when I ordered my vest. I need to get matching spats and my gloves done still. But this was a major hang up for me. The flight suit was what I was most worried about.

Seeing this set up makes me want to ditch my shin plates on Kurshi V1, get lower cut boots and go even light armor. So I may be selling an extremely comfy size 13 pair of Uggs here soon haha.  :laugh:

MMCC #1484¶¶50 Career Invasions¶¶Rancor Clan 
B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¶ M.A.R.S. #21
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!