Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armor Build-WIP

• 57 Replies
Re: First Armor Build-WIP
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2019, 08:58 PM »
You're exactly right. Or you can let it bow and use gentle heat to push it back into shape. This suggestion is more difficult.

Cool ill take a crack at forming the plates this weekend.

Anyways I was sort of thinking of doing a logo on one of the shoulder bells I made this (Shown below) What do you all think?
I planning on making it a sticker of it then apply to the shoulder bell, would that work?

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Custom Logos like that are great. They bring a lot of character to a kit.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
M.A.C.K#51 O.O.P.S#48 G.O.M.O.L#34 O.S.B.A. #08
P.W.S.#007 Mando Wraps#04 B.O.B.B#32
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2019, 08:56 PM »
So I formed the collar and the ab plate how does it look now?

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Really close vod.

The chest plates likely will need to be rotated out to ensure the space above and below the diamond are the same. (red arrows)
Collar is really close too maybe a touch more shaping over your right shoulder. (Yellow circle)

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
M.A.C.K#51 O.O.P.S#48 G.O.M.O.L#34 O.S.B.A. #08
P.W.S.#007 Mando Wraps#04 B.O.B.B#32

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2019, 03:06 PM »
Bryn's got you covered.  You are very close, vod.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Sweet  :D I will make the adjustments soon, my center medallion needs another coat of paint. I have finally put some attention to a piece that I have not done yet which would be the codpiece so printed out the template for it then traced it on to styrene and have done a rough cut and will touch it up soon 

« Reply #21 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Okay here is another one with the plates on, they sorta slid a little before I took the pic. Pretty soon I will actually use Velcro my plan is to sew the Velcro on the vest and then use adhesive backed Velcro for the plates. As for the codpiece  (still not trimmed) here it is with the waist items, how does it look? and are waist items approve-able? 

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:31 PM »
The plates look good, and you have the required two waist items.  :like: ;)  Just smooth out the edge of the left side of the cod, by your leg.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #23 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Cool!! my concern was with the holster because its it a Han Solo one and I know that there is some concern with named character items so i did add a different pouch and will also a little mythosaur on the front buckle just to be on the safe side of things. Anyways, what is the best way to place the Velcro on the vest? I was thinking of using advise Velcro then placing the plates on then removing the plates leaving the Velcro on the vest then sewing it on permanently on. will that work?

Straka Zulu

« Reply #24 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:56 PM »
That should work.  I'm not an expert, though.

« Reply #25 on: Feb 17, 2019, 08:56 PM »
That should work.  I'm not an expert, though.

Ok guess ill have to try it to see. 

Updates on the armor, I got the coat of silver on the armor then hit with clear coat and I also got my stickers! One is going on the left shoulder bell sorta like shown below and it also looks good on my computer.  :D

« Reply #26 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:57 PM »
It's been a little while since I posted here but I have yet to put the Velcro on the vest or the plates hopefully doing it tomorrow but here is my idea for the placement on my armor, but the places on the armor the are diagonal (Upper chest plates and collar) the Velcro will be parallel to it. Also since my armor has a curved edge, I was thinking of gluing down foam layers behind the Velcro so it would sit flush with the armor. Would this work?

« Reply #27 on: Mar 02, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Finally got the Velcro on the vest and I noticed this. Does the collar and the back piece have to be aligned so it looks like one piece that was cut off or it this good? I also trimmed up the Codpiece now just need to form it a little.

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #28 on: Mar 03, 2019, 09:05 AM »
Looks like you are on the right track.

You'll want to make sure that the velcro is not visable. Currently we can see it under the edge of your collar plate.

Additionally, you'll want to make sure that all of the edges of your armor are in contact with the flak vest.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49
« Reply #29 on: Mar 03, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Looks like you are on the right track.

You'll want to make sure that the velcro is not visable. Currently we can see it under the edge of your collar plate.

Additionally, you'll want to make sure that all of the edges of your armor are in contact with the flak vest.

Phew, and will get more Velcro on the plates soon

More updates on the armor Since the Velcro on the vest I finally start on my bandolier here is how it sorta looks like. Where the masking tape is there will be these greeblies there. One slight problem with the bandolier, I does not really want to stay like that in the photo any recommendations to fix this?  and I also got the codpiece formed.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!