Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ghe Shy'a Haat (Almost burning brightly) Pictures/ WIP. Version Two on page 5

• 70 Replies

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Alyna Cilzer's WIP (heavy pics soon)
« Reply #50 on: Nov 09, 2013, 05:13 PM »

With this picture I am seeing a lot of sizing/spacing errors. The sides of the chest/collar need to be trimmed, along with the top of the ab plate that touches the chest plates. What are you using to attach the armor?
I do like the weathering on the backplate though, nice work on that.

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #51 on: Nov 10, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Heya Jay,
yes... haha I need to work on that part... the spacing part was the hardest so I need to have my ver'alor take a look at that. I'm using velcro to attach the stuff and sewing the velcro to my vest.
Thanks! The backplate was fun to do!! :) hehe.. yea.. the spacing was the big issue with haran'galaar. :P I haven't had time to touch that part so I'll have to work on that.
How is the shoulder bells? I did the vesting part a little weird... so idk how that turned out...

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #52 on: Nov 18, 2013, 03:39 PM »
Sorry about the slowness... I haven't had time to work on the kit/ have the time to make any chances.. I'm slowly taking it a step at a time, trying to get the vest to be 100% done, along with the flightsuit, which needs to be changed cuz of baginess. Not to mention, I also have to remake my knees, mayybbbee remake my backplate... along with adjusting my Kama... gawww soo much to do!!  :blank:
well i should be getting some stuff done during Thanksgiving break (which is a week) so I should have some progress...  (hopefully) my ver'alor and I have been working on the kit so we should be getting everything done by the end of this year.. Approval quality by then too :D

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #53 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:11 PM »
Okay some updates that I have

I'm the Orange Mando just FYI please lemme know what u think

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2014, 12:23 AM by Atina Kiele » Logged

Shella Tracinya

• TX-80494
« Reply #54 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:39 PM »
I can't see your pics!  :o

Follow @mikedwelle94 on Instagram for updates on armor and weapon projects.

501st Legion TK/TX-80494
Zombie Trooper, Magma Trooper
TFU Shadow Stormtrooper (in progress)

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #55 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:22 AM »
Gah!!

Flickr doesn't like me at alll

Naren Sprax

• So I says to Mable, I says...
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #56 on: Feb 15, 2014, 12:48 AM »

With this picture I am seeing a lot of sizing/spacing errors. The sides of the chest/collar need to be trimmed, along with the top of the ab plate that touches the chest plates. What are you using to attach the armor?
I do like the weathering on the backplate though, nice work on that.

I agree with Jay, also it looks like you may be slouching in this shot which won't help with seeing how the plates are spaced.  8)

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #57 on: Feb 15, 2014, 01:03 AM »
This was the kit before.. I have made some minor tweeks to it
:)

z2the4

• Light side or darkside, they both pay the same.
« Reply #58 on: Feb 16, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I don't see anything wrong aside what has already been pointed out, looks great!

However...
That flight suit looks a little too clean  :P

And completely un-mando-related, did then intentionally sit the girls upfront in pants/shorts/pants/shorts/pants/shorts/pants?
My ADD is kicking in lol

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
« Reply #59 on: Feb 17, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Do u think that I need a girth belt?

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
Some updates that I did with my kit. Whooops been a while since I have updated.
I mainly update on facebook because of my photography site.

Dad and I. I'll be repainting his kit... this was a temporary paint job. Time to wreck up the kit and make it all battle worn.

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
WOW!!! That is a amazing quality kit right there!!!! Im impressed :o  8)

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
everything looks great vod. Not long now me thinks.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
WOW!!! That is a amazing quality kit right there!!!! Im impressed :o  8)

HAHA Thanks XYYR :P xD  It look a while, but we are almost there. I'm planning on adding a neck seal plates, paldron, and bicep armor Does anyone know if i NEEEEDD to wear boot armor for the Assault Brigade?

everything looks great vod. Not long now me thinks.

Nope not long at all.... just need to get dad's kit done then we will be set :)
His armor now that will take a bit of work.. heh..

Thanks guys ^_^ Glad that you guys like :)

Any suggestions?

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
Wow, its been a while. Looks like my Kit is almost done (I've been slowly working on it)

Before:

Now:

Sorry if i double posted, but it was a few months since I've actually posted on the Mercs/Wip.

Sooooo here is my amor so far.

Note: I still know that I need to weather the flightsuit a bit/the vesting. I'm more interested in the plates/how they fit. (Yes, my backplate has some white patches on it that I know needs to be painted over. How's the sizing? Think it's "small" enough?)

There are also two versions that "I'm running" with. One is the brown kama. (its a sash built in). The other is a black one.

I also have the option for the smaller diamond. Didn't know which would look better. Any thoughts?

Two "pew pews" that I'm using. One is a custom make. the other is the standard Westars.

NOW for my Preapp photo stuff

or this

I'm noticing that my orange shoulder plate isn't sitting that straight... Not sure if that's a vesting issue or a molding issue. Might also need to scale the knees down a tad.

The way that I'm wearing my belt differs if I'm using the black kama or the brown kama. Which looks better? On the brown one... there is morphsuit written on my shebse. I am probably going to add a flap (if the brown one is the kama i go with) to cover up the logo.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:05 AM by Atina Kiele » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
personally I prefer the brown kama as it adds contrast, but it has some awkward interaction with your thigh plate and the holster strap.  -- either way, I think you need to look at that, because the holster strap is causing that thigh plate to not ride against your leg properly. 

I'd also recommend trimming the bottom of your backplate so the waist items aren't pushing it away from your back. I'd also move the knees up a hair, or the shins down so they aren't crowding eachother.

Be sure the spacing between the top of your chest plates and your collar plates is consistent when you take your app photos, and you may want to put some padding underneath the diamond to bring it up to the same level as the chest plates (know several female mandos who have gone that route).

I know you mentioned weathering is a WIP, just wanted to note that since your plates have a very battleworn look, your softparts will need to too. 

It's a good looking kit vod!  Have no doubt you'll get your stripes.

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
Thanks man!!! Im looking forward for this to be official.

What do you think looks better? The smaller chest diamond or the larger one?

Glad you approve ^_^ hopefully should be able to send in this week

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
as far as I can see on the diamonds, there's no "bigger" or "smaller"  -- there's a taller/narrow, and shorter/wider -- I like the shorter wider one better as it seems to conflict with your plates less :)

Really take a close look at how your waist items interact with your plates, and how your strapping interacts with your kama and thigh. Those detials will make the difference in how professional it looks in the end :)

Nice kit. It's gonna be awesome to see you official

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
I FOUND YOU FINALLY!

how goes things?
I have taken a look at your kit and i havea few fixes but I need to write them all up and doodle on some pictures for you so i can adequately show you what I mean!

also do you have a WIP in the singapore stronghold?

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Parjii Saviin

• Munchkin
I FOUND YOU FINALLY!

how goes things?
I have taken a look at your kit and i havea few fixes but I need to write them all up and doodle on some pictures for you so i can adequately show you what I mean!

also do you have a WIP in the singapore stronghold?

Oh wow!! I actually went through army basic, which is why i disappeared for a quick moment.

Im actually scratching this armor and rebuilding most of it from scratch. After i got outta basic, my body changed drastically and i couldnt fit in this kit.

Once i get more material, ill be sure to post more photos and the likes as an update.

Second kit that is currently being made is linked in my signature if you would like to take a look

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!