Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Merric Nar'vell's scratch built bucket *updated 1/11/10*

• 18 Replies

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Ok, I opted for doing a scratch build bucket over a bought one. I am thinking about a custom mouthpice thing, and instead of having a rangefinder, habe a macrobinocular like Bly I think it was. I do have some armor done, but no soft parts, so I am a long ways off from being close to being done.

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010, 09:44 PM by Merric Narvell » Logged
Re: Merric Nar'vell's scratch built bucket
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2009, 11:08 PM »
Looks interesting... So what're ya plannin to do for the rest of it?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Granyn Uresadenn

• Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2009, 09:35 PM »
looks good, what type of cardboard are ya using?  what paste too? it'd be good to tell others to help them out.  Yours looks waay rigid.  that's a good thing... just ask any of the vinyl users. ;)

Tion'ad hukaat'kama?

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Looks interesting... So what're ya plannin to do for the rest of it?

I am looking to make a interesting looking visor, still working out the details.

looks good, what type of cardboard are ya using?  what paste too? it'd be good to tell others to help them out.  Yours looks waay rigid.  that's a good thing... just ask any of the vinyl users. ;)

I have no clue what thikness matboard (I think its 2mm.) I use hot glue, and nothing else. It is as rigid as heck, and even with a mist bottle, it doesn't wand to bend.

Granyn Uresadenn

« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2009, 08:11 PM »
awesome, thanks for the heads up, I was hoping that. lol

Tion'ad hukaat'kama?

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2009, 08:19 PM »
K, so it wasnt documented, but I have made a ton of progress! I borrowed a dremel from my grandpa yesterday, and got what might be my flightsuit, along with a batting helmet. Let me know what you think! I totally butchered the helmet and put it in my sad exuce of a bucket, 'cause I wasn't about to go and do the cardboard dome. So this is my progress as of this evening.p

I did do a touch of photoshop, because my face isnt the prettyest, and I dont care, 'cause I'm a part mando.

Granyn Uresadenn

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2009, 08:22 PM »
looking good so far!  how did you mount your bucket to the face pieces? hot glue again or epoxy?

Tion'ad hukaat'kama?

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2009, 08:26 PM »
I am a real sucker for hot glue, but I will use something else later, once I get it. oh, and I just wriggled the dome in there, so I could get a good shape

Granyn Uresadenn

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2009, 09:03 PM »
it looks great so far.  the cheeks and eye piece area especially and I really like the visor concept too.
just keep us posted.  I'm basically using yours as a template for mine! mine is so custom I have no choice but to custom make it and work on it with a strong pliable resource... such as fiber board.

Tion'ad hukaat'kama?

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Hey, I feel honored :D It will be a while before I get more progress pics, but as soon as I do, I will post. In the meantime, I will be working on the rest of my armor.

Granyn Uresadenn

« Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2009, 10:01 PM »
awesome thanks vod!  what's the link to the rest of your armor?

Tion'ad hukaat'kama?

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2009, 11:30 AM »
It will have a title similar to this thread's, and I need to take some pics first. Hurrah for lazyness. Sueriously though, I have gotten a ton done in teh last few days.

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2009, 02:42 PM »
sorry for the dubble post, i just got a tad ov updates. also, check out my armor thread! I decided to change things around a little, still working on what my bucket should look like :P

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2009, 01:45 PM »
after being away sooooooo long, I have some progress in this new-fangeld video thing

here you are:

http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/HIHIHIWI/?action=view&current=Video5.flv

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
Re: Merric Nar'vell's scratch built bucket *updated 10/21/09*
« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2009, 02:49 PM »
K, so finally got some real progress, and I got some new pics. I had gotten tierd of the open look, so I closed it up, put a little box on the side as a long range comm unit, and I put a nerf tactical light in there. I had not done much after that, but just made little adjustments. Here you go.

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
Re: Merric Nar'vell's scratch built bucket *updated 1/11/10*
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2010, 09:47 PM »
finally I have some real progress  ;D I found some really good plastic face sheilds that bend, and are tinted already. I dremeled in some designs, with Master Chief's visor from halo as an inspiration. here you are, my buy'ce

« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Honestly, the shield is still to thin, and the cuts on the visor have jagged and raw edges, which kinda take away rather than add to the look. Plus, you can still see your face pretty easily..

Have you though, a batter way to possibly get this effect, of layering sheets of window tint?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Ky'ram Parjai'Kote

• Back in business!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:17 PM »
Ijaat speaks truth, my friend. Might wanna tint that some more...

But seriously, you have a LOT more patience with scratchbuilding than I do. I cut out the patterns and stopped. But you're plugging along!

Is no longer really dormant...not really...just floating around...
Just kidding! RPing and stuff. Will get back into the whole routine some time soon. Oya!

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:08 PM »
I am going to be adding more tint and sanding, but this is just a basic look, I might even go with some mirrored tint, 'cause that just looks awesome

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!