Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dream Night 6th December 2018 NSW

• 0 Replies

Adam.S

• Make your mark on society not in society
Dream Night 6th December 2018 NSW
« on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:32 AM »
On Thursday 6th December Taronga Zoo, is holding a very special event called Dreamnight.

Dreamnight began in 1996 at Rotterdam Zoo as an annual evening out at the zoo for children from their local children’s hospital. Now about 260 zoos in 37 countries in Europe, the Americas, Australasia, Africa, Asia and the Middle East are part of this event. The children are selected by hospitals and children’s charities and are generally those who are chronically ill and/or disabled.

Each child can bring three guests – usually immediate family. This year we are inviting 1000 children so we could have about 3000 people at the Zoo. The Zoo will open just for them from 5.30pm to 8.30pm and provide a range of amazing experiences. Some of these special experiences and activities include animal encounters, spot guiding at exhibits, special animal shows (i.e. Bird Show and Seal Show), Giraffe feeding, face painting, and sky safari cable car rides.

The charities we are working with this year include Autism Spectrum Australia, Autism Community Network, Camp Quality, Cerebral Palsy Alliance, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney Children’s Hospital, Down Syndrome NSW, Lifestart, Northcott, Red Kite, Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children, Starlight Foundation, Sunnyfield, Sylvanvale Disability Services, Variety, and Cystic Fibrosis NSW.

This troop is open to approved member, if your not approved and want to participate, please contact my self , it’s an event for these families and not for us to bring all ours sorry.
If you are a parent and have issues attending due to family, message me and we can chat.

So book the date I’m at work, get those costumes ready, speak to me if you have any questions.

my contact details are askidmore@zoo.nsw.gov.au

This troop will be open to 501st, RL, Mercs ,R2 Guys and gals and Hunter Hero’s this year

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!