Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jes WIP - Help!

• 5 Replies

Jeska

Jes WIP - Help!
« on: Nov 27, 2019, 09:59 PM »
Su cuy'gar girls

Posting this here to hopefully get some feedback from the female Mando'ade, as I'm pretty sure I'm the only girl in my clan.
Pic shows my long-rectangle torso, and also a rough attempt at armor design - I like the colours, but not the arrangement of them.
Trying to make the kit look at least vaguely feminine - not super girly or sexy, but I don't want to be mistaken for a verd'ika either.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
The bits I like best so far are the chest plates and the helmet

Raeza

Re: Jes WIP - Help!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:25 PM »
I like how you have the chest pieces, the paint scheme actually gives it a curvy look which I think will help make it more feminine. Maybe instead of the red along the sides though, a darker color that will fade more into the flight suit and flak vest? But as is I think it looks great.

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Oh, I saw your main WIP thread before! I love your color scheme. It reminds me of dark orchids.

Jeska

« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2019, 07:11 PM »
Vor'e
That's a good idea, Raeza. I've got to redo the colours again cos the flak vest fabric I found is off-white, and the gloves black, so I'll keep that in mind as I reshuffle it.
I love orchids, Bel, so I might lean more towards that as I refine the design

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2019, 09:52 AM »
If the flak vest fabric you've got is such a light color, you could look at dying it yourself. A lot of craft stores sell Rit dye. They have a guide on their website for color formulation.

Jeska

« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2019, 01:51 PM »
That's really handy, thanks. Might have to get some of that

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!