Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Aposematic Mando WIP

• 40 Replies

Kall

• Run and you'll just die tired.
Re: Aposematic Mando WIP
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Glad you dropped me the Link for this. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Loving the concept and progress! Canít wait to see how the helmet comes out!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:18 PM »
This is looking fantastic! As it was mentioned elsewhere, I'd definitely like to see some front on shots to see how the torso plates fit on you. Can't wait to see more!

The greatest act of deception I ever pulled was convincing people I knew what I was doing.

DARKhoblin

• Mirlah Casarad
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 02:50 PM »
Well, I have had a bit of an adventure with my WIP situation. I have now moved to a new province and I was asked to post a win in like three different locations. So Ive decided to just update this one seeing as lots of people are following this one and are eager to see progress!

I have zero idea what I uploaded to the other posts so I'll try to not double post.

Armor Updates:

My clan has looked at my chest plates over and over and even our clan perfectionist says they look good. Part of me things theyre still a few mm too wide but that could just be me.

I Think I may need to make a new vest haha

Heres my idea for my new cod bit:

A base of leather and plates over top.

Helmet:

My helmet is in!

And it fits!

Mandaosha doll

Shes perfect  :<3:

Weapons:

I have the handle of the blaster stained now, but I dont seem to have a picture of it? ahah

Sword and Dagger are done!

Soft Stuff:

We got my pouches stiffend! I love em!

New loin cloth who dis

Working on a holster for my blaster, its a tad long so i'll need to trim it

And some Paint and other things

Ca'sarad family crest

Helmet paint things.

Thats mostly it! I'll try to keep a more steady update, I'm actually pretty close to finishing up my helmet, so... painting soon!

**EDIT**I just realised i'm not sure if you update WIPS in the comments or update the post itself? Someone leme know if I messed this up haha

« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:54 PM by DARKhoblin » Logged

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Looks fantastic vod!

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 06:15 PM »
All I can think is that you're gonna have a lot of masking with that paint design.  :o

Things looking very solid. You may wish to shape the plates a bit more on your upper chest to lay flatter, but with you taking your own pictures they could be shifted.

That armored cod should work great! I am working on one similar for another application.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

DARKhoblin

• Mirlah Casarad
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Bryn,

Noted, I thought there was maybe one last thing i could do to my plates to make them look just a bit better and that might be it. I thought about that with the paint too, but I'll actually be handpainting that all. Haha

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 07:10 PM »
I love your backplates, they're so pretty . Also that loincloth. Those colors are just gorgeous. :<3:

DARKhoblin

• Mirlah Casarad
« Reply #23 on: Jun 06, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Bryn!

I flattened the top of my chest plates and they sit. SO MUCH BETTER NOW. Hopfuly ill update soon! I made a new vest as well. Thanks for everyones help so far! On the home stretch!

Padawan

• For a dreamer, night's the only time of day
« Reply #24 on: Jun 06, 2019, 02:38 PM »
I love the paint details on the helmet! And even the helmet itself, it's like a cross of the Jango and the Nite Owl and I LOVE IT!!!

-Sofia C
Nerf mod
Kuvira WIP
Because I love the adrenaline in my veins, I do whatever it takes

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2019, 03:18 PM »
I heard mention of three clawed beasties.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #26 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Bryn!

I flattened the top of my chest plates and they sit. SO MUCH BETTER NOW. Hopfuly ill update soon! I made a new vest as well. Thanks for everyones help so far! On the home stretch!

Glad to hear it! I look forward to seeing the next updates.

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

DARKhoblin

• Mirlah Casarad
« Reply #27 on: Jun 20, 2019, 04:24 PM »
HOLY SMOKE WE GETTIN THERE

NEW VEST, WHO DIS

Huge thanks to my pal Justin for the leather on my new vest! I ended up having to take in the back

The Great Collar Struggle

See how far my collar was sagging? My partner suggested a snap my collar instead of velcro. But it sits like an inch off my body, cause we did the snaps wrong. But we will figure that out.

This is after taking in the back, the collar is sitting much more where it needs to be <3 My velcro is kinda lifting so the chest plate is floating in this pic ahha

Neck Seal (Mandalorian, Asajj Ventress, custom Saber Guild Sith.)

And the neck seal pattern is happening.

Had to run to the Flagship Eclipse forums/CRLs on the Asajj Ventress Betrayed neck seal and watch the episode. I don't want to make 20 neck seals for different costumes. So I'm making ONE.

Armor Spacing

Had another member check out my spacing, he fussed with my diamond a bit Haha, This was before I took in the back, so these look a bit low, but it still sits really nicely.  Like...

I can cross my arms and the plate don't shift at all.  And they still don't shift after the vest was taken in.

Painting the Helmet

The ruby rub n buff is a bit of learning curve but its result is beautiful!

Pre Black wash

Post Blackwash

Salt/Age patina

A few Extra things

Cod plate patterns! These are now cut, shaped and painted

Some armband pouches made from old mint tins. This does fit over my flight suit and it will sit probably a bit lower to accommodate my trooper shoulders.

Homemade gloves! That don't suck!  This is probably the 5th pair of gloves ive made and theyre the only functional ones.

What I have learned

When working with Ruby or Gold rub n buff, you have to rub it aggressively against your hands to properly heat it. It's a very tricky application. You have to rub the crap out of it. And when applied to a chrome or a black primer, it will turn completely black. So apply it to a light base.

Visors are on their way and doing the rest of the attachments and fixes!

<3

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 2019, 09:28 AM »
That VEST, I'm in love.  :<3: What pattern did you use for it?

Also, those plates...gorgeous. Seriously. What thickness is your material?

Bryn Cin'Prudii

« Reply #29 on: Jun 21, 2019, 11:42 AM »
Well that is quite an image dump!

On the collar - dont be afraid to start shaping over to get it to sit how you want. Sintra is relatively forgiving and if heating is done gently, you can avoid damaging the paint (using hot water should work). Looks like the other plates are sitting much better, specifically in the front shots.

Also once you get your neck seal in, things really will take shape.

Great job on the bucket paint + wash!

Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!