Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modern Nite Owl Bucket - WIP (got pics)

• 29 Replies

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Modern Nite Owl Bucket - WIP (got pics)
« Reply #25 on: Jun 10, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Nice job getting it fixed up!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

hazelspikes

• "Armor is just bigger Gunpla!"
« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2020, 08:26 PM »
Heard that I needed to add a sintra tooth to fill in the gap between the visor and end of the T.

An attempt was made.

hazelspikes

« Reply #27 on: Aug 26, 2020, 03:01 PM »
Continuing the chronicles of my visor woes. After several attempts to find a plate to cover the gap between visor and end of helmet, I realized the weld holding the visor to the helmet was broken. So I yanked the visor out and will reinstall so there is no gap. It'll make me happier but is still stressful. Will probably stick the visor a little out past the lip and trim it.

hazelspikes

« Reply #28 on: Mar 09, 2023, 12:54 PM »
[Necroposts own thread]. Lots of things happened at once so this is a pic heavy update.

The earcaps never satisfied me; waves due to filler were noted. After a comedy of errors trying to fix them, I decided to strip as many layers as possible to fix the issue.

Visor is also too short and wasn't quite seated where it should be. Tossed it and got a new visor (to be installed).

Citristrip spray took the bulk right off.

I stopped right around here for fear of Citristrip undoing the earcaps altogether. Cleaned up what I could with 80 and 120 grit.

Hit it with sandable filler primer but the can ran out. Meeting up with a friend to borrow his one (1) can.

Hodayc Goran

• 3D printing my brain/dumpster-diving for greeblies
« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2023, 02:21 PM »
Not to poke fun, but all the layers I've seen this helmet go through seems like it survived some extreme Sarlacc acid bath... :)

I admire your persistence. I hope I will exhibit the same when the time comes for me to defeat the layer lines of my soon-to-be 3D printed bucket...  :jango:

Ecclesiastes 4:12
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”

3D Armorers and 3D Printing
General Concept Ideas
Soft Parts

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!