Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

1st kit WIP, Doss Reyett (update 2.11.19)

• 35 Replies

Blackdugal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
Re: 1st kit WIP, Doss Reyett (update 1.25.19)
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2019, 09:09 PM »
I agree with Bryn on everything he said.  One thing to look at is the spacing of the back plate to your collar.  The spacing on your left shoulder is much larger as compared to your right.  This could be how the back plate is sitting on you but something to keep in mind.

« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm following the neckseal guide here on the mmcc boards to build a full neck seal.

Flank plates are definitely on my list, once I have the chest sizing and positioning completed. if they look good to go then I can get started.

« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:32 AM »
VAMBRACE  AND HELMET UPDATE:

So finally finished (for now) my scratch built Vambraces.

Left hand Vambrace is a slicing/hacking pad with dart launcher. As I think I've mentioned before my eventual goal is the Urban Assault brigade, and one of the reqs for that is one or more entry devices. So I've got some breaching charges, and a door slicing pad as well. (Note: since I took the pics without the flightsuit on, i shoved some padding into the Vambrace so it wouldn't slip around, had a little too much which is why the forearm looks a little snug)

I made a telescoping data jack based on the astromech Jack for slicing terminals and doors for when demo charges are too loud.

The Right hand Vambrace is a dual blaster platform. I opted to go with blasters instead of the flame thrower since my main blaster is a big shotgun and I felt it would be a more rounded addition.

Obviously these Vambraces are rather worn and weathered, so I went back and weathered my previously rather shiny bucket to match

So the lower mandible is actually removable

And is friction fit in.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: 1st kit WIP, Doss Reyett (update 2.11.19)
« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Nice work! Those are some serious gauntlets!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:41 PM »
SHOTGUN COMPLETED:

and to round off this batch of updates, I finished my Mando's primary weapon, the tactical shotgun. Filled in all the screw holes and broke up the profile a bit more as well as dimmed some of the brighter LEDs. The white tactical lights are all button activated and kept at full brightness.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:22 PM »
Amazing work! I can't wait to see what how the rest of the kit turns out.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Thanks Torolf! I've got a good pace going and I'm trying to keep it going.

« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Small update: Belt

Weather has been completely crappy and slowed me down a bit, but I did manage to knock out a new belt for my kit.

The canvas belt I originally had was unmodified and basic and didn't match the kinda look im going for. Several Facebook comments recommended a clone trooper styled belt, so I began researching and building and here is what I came up with.

Front

Left side medical kit and grenade (sheath and knife in progress)

Left side, 2 more grenades (still need to be filled and sanded) and a drop leg belt for an eventual sidearm holster.

Back

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:23 PM »
Nice! The belt looks great! The sash may need to be shortened a bit, but it all looks fantastic!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:25 PM »
Agreed, it's not sewn yet and estimating from the picture it's about 1.5 inches wider than it will be when I actually sew it, I just wanted a better backdrop for pics so I threw the fabric on.

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2019, 09:08 AM »
That belt is fantastic! I wish I had that nice of a belt for my kit. Nice work Vod!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!