Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First WIP - All Metal

• 23 Replies

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
First WIP - All Metal
« on: Jan 23, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Hey guys!
I just recently started my first kit and got a little ambitious so I decided to do all metal armor!
My husband (Den Barren) and I designed the plates a few days ago, so I spent the last couple of days shaping the plates and then painting and weathering them.
I still have quite a bit left to do as far as the weathering goes.
Let me know what you all think!

Before paint!

After!

Re: First WIP - All Metal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2019, 07:11 PM »
first off fantastic work over all, second and some one should correct me if i'm wrong, cause i haven't had much experience with female chest plates, but shouldn't there still be spacing between the chest plates and the diamond. 

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2019, 07:14 PM »
There will be! We haven’t cut it out yet, but we definitely plan on it!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2019, 07:20 PM »
 :like: :like: cool cool, again fantastic work, one day i would like to upgrade to an all metal kit.

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Those are some lovely plates! And the colors are wonderful. I can't wait to see the rest.  :cookie:

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Those are some lovely plates! And the colors are wonderful. I can't wait to see the rest.  :cookie:
Thank you!!

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2019, 09:34 PM »
Very nice work so far vod!!! Very ambitious with the metal plates straight out the gate, but as I can see you definitely have the skills!!! Can't wait to see what comes of the kit!!!! Keep it up!!!

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2019, 09:43 PM »
Very nice work so far vod!!! Very ambitious with the metal plates straight out the gate, but as I can see you definitely have the skills!!! Can't wait to see what comes of the kit!!!! Keep it up!!!
Thanks so much!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2019, 10:14 PM »
Beautiful craftsmanship! As you said, once you cut the sections for the chest diamond, you're golden. I can't wait to see more of this build!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2019, 10:29 PM »
Beautiful craftsmanship! As you said, once you cut the sections for the chest diamond, you're golden. I can't wait to see more of this build!
That means a lot!!

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2019, 02:12 AM »
Looking great babe!!

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2019, 02:20 AM »
Looking great babe!!
Thanks babe!

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2019, 10:20 PM »
Just finished weathering the chest plates! I still have to cut out the center for the chest diamond, but I think it’s coming along pretty well!

Sidewalker

• Faster, more intense!
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2019, 12:32 AM »
Saw this on Facebook. Looks awesome. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the kit turns out.

Sidewalker
Hett'ciri Clan

Velke

• They won't see me coming....
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2019, 02:20 AM »
Wow....off to a fantastic start, Lek'Ral!

MMCC OM #1630  (retired)
M.A.J.I.C. #180
Grey Brigade OT Guard #54
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.
(Who's watching your back? I am.)

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2019, 06:23 PM »
Saw this on Facebook. Looks awesome. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the kit turns out.
Thanks!!!
Wow....off to a fantastic start, Lek'Ral!
Thank you so much!

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2019, 01:17 AM »
Another update!
I just finished the shoulders, as well as the cod plate (knees are still being painted). I made a couple of filler plates because I thought that the gap between the collar and my chest plates was going to be too big, but I don’t actually need them.
My husband and I have also been working on my cape (behind the belts, shoes, and gloves) and my vest!
I also attached a picture of my boots, gloves, and my belts that I plan on using.
I would love to hear what you all think!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2019, 01:13 PM »
This is all looking really nice.  Any chance we'll get pictures soon of all this on you?   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #18 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:41 PM »
This is all looking really nice.  Any chance we'll get pictures soon of all this on you?   ;D
Once the vest is at a place where it will fit correctly and stay on- yes! I tried it last night and it just didn’t do it justice with how loose the vest was since we haven’t closed the sides yet.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Feb 12, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Fair enough.   :)

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Great work so far.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #21 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:21 AM »

Lek'Ral

• House of Barren
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2019, 04:17 PM »
Okay guys!
I have finished all of my soft parts!
I was going to go for a burgundy flight suit, but decided to go with teal after finding scrubs that matched perfectly!
After tailoring, I sewed the two pieces together and added a zipper down the front.
For the vest I used a pleather material with 3 straps on the side that close by a snap on the back!
All to do now is finish my helmet and gauntlets and attach the rest of my armor to the vest!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2019, 10:22 PM »
Soft parts look awesome!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!