Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armorer helmet texture

• 2 Replies
Armorer helmet texture
« on: May 03, 2023, 06:19 PM »
I searched here and Google and couldn't find it.

I asked someone on etsy if their 3d printed helmet was screen accurate and they said it was but I'd have to texture it. What does that mean?

Also, any chance you can use a $30 ali helmet,  I doubt it but thought I'd ask. I bought one to do a Halloween customer but then decided to go for approval.  Tia.

Arminius

Re: Armorer helmet texture
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 06:42 PM »
From Google:

Texturing can add substantial strength and stiffness to thin-walled parts. It is possible to 3D print geometries that mitigate warping and collapsing, allowing structures to retain their shapes under load. These surface irregularities add stiffness to the 3D-printed parts.

Basically, texturing gives the surface of the print a stiffer structure to help it retain its shape.

Also, any chance you can use a $30 ali helmet,  I doubt it but thought I'd ask. I bought one to do a Halloween customer but then decided to go for approval.  Tia.

No, anything with that price won't be made of the right materials and/or be of low quality. 3D printed helmets can be used but you would have to add enough filling for it not to warp since texturing will likely not be approvable either. I recommend instead getting a resin helmet. Check the Continous Sales section to find reputable vendors.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.
Re: Armorer helmet texture
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 09:11 AM »
I went with a resin one from one of the sellers here. Thank you for your wisdom.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!