Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Beast Hunter WIP

• 28 Replies

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
Re: Beast Hunter WIP
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2019, 11:27 AM »

Finished up the boot plates and strapped them to some old combat boots from BMT. 

I know Iím going to regret how heavy these are going to feel.

Operator as F**k!

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Todayís progress, all weathering!

Moved back to the blaster while the paint dried.  Got in the Browns for the stock and pistol, blue accent, leather wrap, then battle damage

Then rounded out the day with gauntlets.  The green paint I used was an ultra-flat, so I sealed it with clear lacquer and it shined right up.

Operator as F**k!

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #17 on: Feb 21, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Time to put it all together....see what breaks off...

I snapped a buckle on one gauntlet, and found out the harness doesnít play well with my magnets..  The fur combined with the flightsuit made it incredibly hot, Iíll have to cut it down somehow

Operator as F**k!

Kir Ru'Kaya

• Kir Ru'kaya
« Reply #18 on: Feb 21, 2019, 09:00 PM »
Looks like it's coming together nicely!

Suggestions.
Consistant weathering on the soft parts to match the plate weathering.
The girth belt should at least overlap the top of the cod piece.
The plate spacing looks off in the picture. Esp the diamond and spacing between collar plate and chest.
If you're going for wookie fur, I would suggest seeing if you can add some lighter and darker parts to the fur to make it look more natural.

Compliments.
Great design!
I love fur additions!
Good weathering on the plates, they look appropriate.

Nu Draar N'tsikala - It means never unprepared
O.M. #2189
M.A.J.I.C. #187
O.O.P.S.! #69 (ya... it's THAT bad)

Talon Ven'ad

• Formerly 'Sithfaced'
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Feb 21, 2019, 09:24 PM »
I think you've done some really good work, especially design wise. I really like the overall feel of your kit, and those gauntlets are sweet.
At a quick glance... Your chest spacing is a tad off, especially at the collar, and chest diamond. You should try to keep the spacing uniform all the way around.
The top of your cod needs to be covered partly by your belt.
Your soft parts and fur could use some additional weathering, as well as the black shiny pouch on your back area.
The backplate needs some additional forming at the shoulder area. It needs to be more flush to your body.
The backplate is OK in your picture but it might be a bit long if you kit up differently. The backplate can't overlap onto your belt or under your belt. You have zero room for error there so you might think about a quick trim of a 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch.
Keep up the good work. I'm a Beasthunter and I love seeing new kits for that Brigade.

Haran'galaar
Beasthunter-Beastmaster Brigades
"Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old."

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #20 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:23 AM »
Much appreciate the feedback everyone!

Operator as F**k!

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #21 on: Feb 24, 2019, 12:09 PM »
Fur weathering was the name of the game today.  I got some awesome feedback on a Facebook post with some tip videos.  I used a combination of trimming and painting, then blasted it all with a heat gun.

Side by side comparison

Color pallet used

Operator as F**k!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 12, 2019, 10:03 PM »
The modification/weathering to the fur looks great...much better, donít forget that weathering the soft parts is just as important. The soft should match the weathering of the hard. Make sure the spacing on your plates are spot on, right now the diamond if off a little. That is an easy fix. Your knees are low in my opinion. The shin pieces should go over them. It is a little hard to tell if they are shknees. if they are, my apologies, but looking at the previous picture I didnít see knees attached to you shin armor. Also the girth sash/belt should cover the top of th cod. Like I said, these are all easy fixes. Over all the kit looks great, and I know of a little clan mate of yours who is eager for you to join the beast hunters brigade. Of course, lets get you OM first.

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #23 on: Mar 16, 2019, 05:56 PM »
For my melee Weapon, I settled on buying an executioner axe.  Figured axes fit the beast hunter pretty well.  I filled in all the screw holes and re-painted it all over.  Indeed to weather it, but think Iíll call it done after that.

Operator as F**k!

Straka Zulu

• Formerly 'STRAKAZulu'
  • Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Where did you find That?!

:o :o

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2019, 10:00 PM »
 :laugh: I got that from the Disney store

Operator as F**k!

Straka Zulu

• Formerly 'STRAKAZulu'
  • Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2019, 09:11 AM »
I have a sudden need... :laugh:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2019, 06:25 PM »

Got this little guy in the mail today. 

Operator as F**k!

SMOKEmifyaGOTM

• The Commando Mando
« Reply #28 on: Mar 24, 2019, 01:01 PM »
Todayís progress:

visor installed, new padding on the interior

Finalized my war belt

I researched as much as I could to find a Kamino saberdart launcher, to no avail.  So I made one out of my gauntlet

Operator as F**k!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!