Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor WIP

• 4 Replies
Armor WIP
« on: Feb 18, 2019, 03:25 AM »

This is a bit of a weird angle, but here’s what I got so far.

Chest plates at a close view. Right shoulder bell is missing in lieu of a bigger shoulder piece I wear, though I do have a normal one cut as well, if it’s needed.

Chest plates from a distance, featuring Loki the Dog

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2019, 12:33 PM by Havelock » Logged
✨Katie✨

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Do you have a picture of your right shoulder coverage?  You'll need to have some kind of shoulder armor - pauldrons alone don't count for shoulder coverage per the CRLs.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Ascalon

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:26 PM »
It looks like you are far along in your build.Are those your final boots in the first photo? If so you will want to work on adding some spats or boot armor to cover up your laces too.

PP1 Boba Fett WIP

Tra’cor Clan MMCC1981
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Pics of right shoulder with and without the cover. I actually just found a new pair of boots that I like better, so I think I’m gonna use those from now on.

Here’s a bit of a close up of the chest plates

Far away

✨Katie✨

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:50 PM »
I like this kit!

A couple of things you will want to look into would also be your Ab plate, and flightsuit.

You’re ab plate should come up about 1/2”-1” to match the spacing between the top of your chest plates and bottom of the collar.  You may have to trim the bottom of your chest plates or sides of the Ab to achieve the correct spacing around the Ab plate.

You’re flightsuit also appears a little baggy around your knees and ankles area and should be taken in. You’ll also want to remove the pocket on your flightsuit legs.

Those should all be fairly quick adjustments. I look forward to seeing your progress vod!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!