Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Senate Commando Helm?

• 12 Replies
Senate Commando Helm?
« on: Aug 22, 2009, 01:06 AM »

I know this is an apparently established Clone helm, and Jun wasn't sure in chat if it would be acceptable under the CRL's.. I would be happy adding to it to change it (while trying to keep the front area as close as possible to the original).. My ideas were to add some 'ears' with possibly an RF and such, but any other ideas would be awesome... I know several of us in chat stumbled across this and were interested in incorporating various modified pieces of it into our 'Customs.

Basically... Would this pass if it were my suit's buc'ye, and if not, is there a way to tweak it to keep the 'flavor' it has, but make it passable?

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2009, 01:17 AM by Ijaat » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Ka'ox Veed

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Senate Commando Helm?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2009, 01:44 AM »
Just to clarify senate commandos are not clones, but I think with a little bit of modification that would still make an interesting mando helm.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2009, 01:46 AM »
i think you could put elements of it into a mando design but i wouldnt emulate it completely for your mando. it looks like it's based off of kotor era crusaders gear.

Naas Atiniir

• A Mando of many colors. Or maybe just two.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2009, 01:53 AM »
Just to clarify senate commandos are not clones, but I think with a little bit of modification that would still make an interesting mando helm.

Even so, it looks like clone armor. Most people probably wouldn't know that, technically, it's not a clone. They would see the armor and think it was clone. As to using the helmet, if you could mod it to look Mando enough, then I think it should be acceptable. Perhaps make the visor a little more T-shaped, and shorten the thing in the middle of the visor just a tad.

-Naas

Retired?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2009, 01:56 AM »
That is a valid suggestion on the visor... But it and the area around it are primarily the reason why the helm intrigues me. And the fin... It gives it a good greco-roman feel

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2009, 03:14 AM »
Sorry for a second double post, feel free to merge if you wish... The edit button for either post just never loaded... (It's done this to me twice now.. anything on my end I should check?)

BUT..

Add a border on the edge of the cheeks/visor area, VERY thin... and curve the cheeks in a bit to resemble the modern mando style a bit more, but without the dual-sink, so just a single cave-in cheek that meets the straight, border trim on both sides.. Opinions there?

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2009, 03:20 AM by Ijaat » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2009, 03:49 AM »
could just be my comp but, no image is coming up.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2009, 03:52 AM »
could just be my comp but, no image is coming up.

Bloody hrekin... Try it now?

DocOutlands

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2009, 09:56 AM »
I thought it was a lot more Mando-looking than Clone-looking when I first saw it.  I fell in love!  Of course, I also want to make my Hasbro bucket look a lot more Mando, so I'm prolly already suspect to start with.  :D

DocOutlands

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Couple of quick bash-ups...

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Docs got the idea there.. Sink the cheeks in a bit, add the ears and back key slot and voila.. Think it would pass the muster then??

« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2010, 07:22 PM »
already working a metal build of one of those fine looking helmets.updates at the end of next week

Dar'kumn Vol

• Your song has yet to be written.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2010, 09:15 PM »
Actually it has been stated the the Senate armnor was clone armor painted blue for the Senate Guard. The helmets are modifications of the original helms you see inthe movies, therefore, they are their own design.

Yes, there is mandalorian styling in there, but with the modifications that have been asked about, you could easily add a little of this styling to a mando helemt and end up with about the same product. I would say the two are almost, but not quite interchangable.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Senate_Guard
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Senate_Commando

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2010, 09:21 PM by Dar'kumn Vol » Logged
There are no heroes, only those with conscience. Once they take rise, none shall stop them. They lead us forward into tomorrow not limited by today. They are who we strive to be.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!