Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit WIP

• 2 Replies
Flight suit WIP
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:44 PM »
Iím an avid sewer, and I have enough broadcloth Cotten in a light grey color to make a flightsuit and vest. Will this fabric work for a flight suit or do I need something heavier in weight or a different material?

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Re: Flight suit WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Flightsuits are made out of a bunch of different materials/styles/fabric weight across the club and mine is 100% cotton. Some not from scratch examples include, under armor, scrubs, dickies work cloths, surplus flightsuits, dress-pants, etc.
For a vest, you are going to want something heavier so that it will hold its shape. If the vest sags under the weight of the plates or shifts around a lot your going to have a hard time keeping your plates alighted and looking snazzy. A lot of people use duck cloth, one or two layers. I use to have a duck cloth vest and it worked pretty well, I would still get some sagging with the 6 mm plates. I've since moved on to a quilted vest for one kit and a leather vest on the other. And while they are hot, I really like the look.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Flight suit WIP
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2019, 05:27 AM »
That would work as is for a flightsuit, might need interfacing or padding to make a sturdy enough vest though.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!