Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando pilot concept

• 13 Replies

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Mando pilot concept
« on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Hey folks,

I'm slowly working on a pilot kit but I was just wondering if anyone had tried combining a typical modern faceplate with a Resistance helmet? Kinda like the one below...

This is just a really rough mashup I put together because I can't sleep and still very much a concept. Thoughts?

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
Re: Mando pilot concept
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:20 AM »
This is a pretty good looking helmet. I will let App team folks weigh in on this, but it should be good to go in my eyes.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Could we see some more angles?

Ori Dart

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Could we see some more angles?

Here's a couple more. I'd likely need to get someone who's good at 3d modeling to make this something that could be 3d printed and make it all look much more seamless than in these concept shots. I didn't do one from the back as I still don't know if I want to leave it looking more like the resistance helmets or like a typical mando bucket. Sorry for the washed out screenshots. Hope the idea still comes through.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Is that a Mando face attached to an xwing helmet rear? Or is it a pre Vizsla helmet you’ve modified?

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Ori Dart

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Is that a Mando face attached to an xwing helmet rear? Or is it a pre Vizsla helmet you’ve modified?

#1. Again, still a very rough concept. I was thinking my pilot kit might be from the new trilogy era, and being inspired by the other x-wing pilot helmet, I had a "what if" moment and put the two together. It still needs a lot of work but I thought  I'd run the idea by you fine folks juat to see if it was worth pursuing.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2019, 03:04 PM »
#1. Again, still a very rough concept. I was thinking my pilot kit might be from the new trilogy era, and being inspired by the other x-wing pilot helmet, I had a "what if" moment and put the two together. It still needs a lot of work but I thought  I'd run the idea by you fine folks juat to see if it was worth pursuing.
I would work on making it more Mando than xwing. It’s a fair start.

QMU#084

Ori Dart

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2019, 10:23 PM »
I would work on making it more Mando than xwing. It’s a fair start.

Duly noted. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it and post up any new progress.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Bowfanny

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2019, 11:20 PM »
Duly noted. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it and post up any new progress.
Oya Vod!

QMU#084

Ori Dart

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 03:25 PM »
I've decided to go a different route. Going to use a McQuarrie Concept #2 bucket, modded to remove the RF stalk and maybe widen the eye slit a bit. On top of that, I'll put the visor. Decided on that bucket as so much of the new trilogy stuff is heavily based on his works. And it's a super cool lid.  :8):

That said, this thread can be closed, or whatever.  :like:

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 03:46 PM »
I've decided to go a different route. Going to use a McQuarrie Concept #2 bucket, modded to remove the RF stalk and maybe widen the eye slit a bit. On top of that, I'll put the visor. Decided on that bucket as so much of the new trilogy stuff is heavily based on his works. And it's a super cool lid.  :8):

That said, this thread can be closed, or whatever.  :like:

Once you mod it, it's no longer approvable for modern. All you can do is change the paint.  I think the RF is optional, but the rest would be a no.  It turns back into a crusader era helmet at that point.

Ori Dart

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Once you mod it, it's no longer approvable for modern. All you can do is change the paint.  I think the RF is optional, but the rest would be a no.  It turns back into a crusader era helmet at that point.

Just so we're clear, I'm talking about this helmet...

So, modifying the eye slot isn't allowed with this one?

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 10:21 AM »
Wrong helmet -- disregard.  Was thinking of the other Mcquarrie Concept bucket. 

Ori Dart

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 12:15 PM »
Wrong helmet -- disregard.  Was thinking of the other Mcquarrie Concept bucket.

Cool. I was thinking that you were thinking about that other bucket. Cool as it is... yeah.

Anyhoo, that's the end of this thread, folks!  :like:

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!