Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First kit help!

• 5 Replies
First kit help!
« on: Feb 20, 2019, 12:33 AM »
Hello! Iím new to all of this and Iím excited to be working on my first kit! But I need some help! I was thinking about getting a bodysuit for my armor and having a flak vest as well, but Iím not sure if itíd be acceptable or if itíd work. Has anyone used a body suit for their kit? And if so, does anyone know any stores I could get one from?

Sabine

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: First kit help!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Welcome! If you are working on a modern kit, it is required that you have a flight suit and flak vest. As such, you could do a one piece body suit and vest. You could do matching (color and fabric) pants and shirt for the flight suit as well. Just remember that any zippers on a body suit must be fully hidden.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 61 OM Invasions

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2019, 04:37 PM »
Body suits are classed as a 'flightsuit' in the regs and having a flightsuit of some form is required. A vest is a separate item which is also required. For a body suit you can go one colour or you can use a block colour patterning - see Sabine Wren as an example. You cannot use printed patterning. Any zips would need to be hidden, though this isn;t usually an issue given that the flak vest goes over them.
If you plan on lighter armour (weight and amount) then they're a fine choice. If however you plan to use heavier armour, in weight or amount, do think about having a cotton flightsuit as there is a limit to how much weight they can hold before they start stretching.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2019, 08:02 AM »
thank you for posting this! I'm building my first kit too, and had the same question!  ;D

Raeza

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2019, 11:22 PM »
I was thinking a body suit too, but I'm worried the armor will be to heavy. I just can't find female sized flight suits.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2019, 08:19 AM »
There's still ways round having the flightsuit take the weight, it just involves getting creative and good planning.

The vest holds all the torso plates, back and shoulders so they're sorted. Other plates can be strapped from that to take the weight off the flightsuit. Bicep can be strapped from the vest shoulder and the shoulder plate above it will cover the straps. Cod and thighs can be strapped from the bottom of the vest or from a separate belt and the waist items will cover most of the connections. Shins and knees can be added to high boots or on half chaps.

Basically, you can do heavy armour with a stretch flight suit, but you'll need to use alternative strapping, you can't just attach them to the flightsuit as you could with lighter armour. A suit can take the weight of a small thigh plate, it won't take the weight of a full wrap around thigh that also has a blaster and several thermal detonators on it.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!