Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Carid Vhett's MKII

• 51 Replies

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Carid Vhett's MKII
« Reply #45 on: Apr 24, 2019, 10:05 PM »

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum
« Reply #46 on: Apr 26, 2019, 02:54 AM »
The weathering on this looks pretty cool! I love the way it's look like atm already!

Dac'gar Ordo // Vash Ordo

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:30 PM »
Thanks. Needs some alterations before I can get OM. Shoulder needs adjustments as shoulder armour cannot be used as bicep armour. On a technicality it is shoulder armour much like Roman Centurions, but that's a debate for once I finish everything else.

Need to make sure my gaters are not flaring out as much, and I want to add boot and toe armour so I can combine that.

Armour spacing and the ab plate needs adjustments.

Weathering on the off shoulder and gaunts.

The armour won't be OM for the upcoming event, but I can still wear it. Then I can finish the first round of upgrades.

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2019, 02:23 PM »
I haven't scrolled back far enough to see how armor is attached, but you could benefit from a more precise method. I have Velcro along long edges and snaps on corners. The pic with your helmet off, pressing against the chest plate moves it so much. That shouldn't happen.

The back edges of the collar are "floating" up too. If you had a backplate attached to collar, that would be held down, but with just a cape, the cape needs to attach to the collar, you you need to anchor that back edge to the vest. Floating, unsecured armor just looks sloppy and You'll be adjusting it all the time.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #49 on: Aug 14, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Armour was on hold during a trip, and while waiting on bought pieces from TMA. Received those and now it's assembly time.

Back plate might need some heat forming, gauntlets I am not going to add hinges, just going to glue the outside pieces.

Toppers will be hot glued on, but that is so I can add electronics later.

If anyone can link to awesome display led tutorials that a real noob can follow along feel free to link them or PM me.

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #50 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Making stuff removable, you may want to drill holes and use screws/t-nuts instead of hot glue. Hot glue may deform parts of vac-form armor if you overdo it. It also may not have enough hold and you don't wanna lose parts while you're wearing something that doesn't allow you to bend over and pick it up (if you even notice it fall off).

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #51 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:47 PM »
Thanks for the tip.

I only want it removable the one time, until I have put the electronics in. Then I will secure it with something much stronger.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!