Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Carid Vhett's MKII

• 54 Replies

Jesse Libarra

• M.A. #028, Mini Mando #05
Re: Carid Vhett's MKII
« Reply #25 on: Apr 15, 2019, 02:29 PM »
You're a new Mando! Looks great, vod!

-Only a fool never feels fear. The difference between a brave man and a coward is the way he handles his fear.-

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 15, 2019, 03:23 PM »
You're a new Mando! Looks great, vod!

Thanks vod. Glad to see your kit progressing too.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Looks slick, vod!  And... you can KNEEL!! :laugh:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

joshsurf

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Apr 16, 2019, 03:58 PM »
coming together so quickly! im impressed! keep the momentumm going!!

ey guys heres my build thread over on the main forum:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=104238.0
helmet:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96369.0
sniper rifle:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85582.0
go and have a look! let me know what you think!!
Modify message

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #29 on: Apr 16, 2019, 04:18 PM »
I got nervous when I started scrolling this. When it was unpainted, your chest trauma plates looked a lot like my armor (in my avatar). Ha!

It all came together and looks original. Good job. I'd weather it a little though. You'll find that wearing it, washing soft parts, it'll start looking like some parts age faster than others. A weathered kit makes it all match and feel real, lived in. Everything in Star Wars is dirty.

How much does that shoulder armor restrict movement?

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
   - Destro

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Apr 16, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Weathering is definitely happening before I app.

As for the shoulders, none. Each shoulders is attached to the other via elastic so it move with my arm. I also don't have the vest wings so I have more movement range.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #31 on: Apr 17, 2019, 08:01 PM »
One more cool shot from the con.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #32 on: Apr 19, 2019, 11:40 PM »
Started to weather the armour today. Looking for the just got off the battlefield look.

Also trying to embrace the "Let the armour tell the story" So most the the weathering is directed from one side to the other getting less and less as you go across the body. Need to add some carbon scoring to it tomorrow and a brown wash or two to add some needed grime.

K'iim Tal

• Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc
« Reply #33 on: Apr 20, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Looking great, loving the black and gold, especially on the shoulders.

"Better one big enemy that you can see, than many small ones you can't!"

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #34 on: Apr 20, 2019, 11:54 PM »
Got the weathering done.
Time for a kit up soon, once I have repainted the gauntlets.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #35 on: Apr 21, 2019, 09:10 PM »
Not too shabby! The weathering really sells the heavy assault look.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #36 on: Apr 22, 2019, 04:50 AM »
Thank you. Need to add some proper carbon scoring, though I don't know a good method. I want to avoid clear coating because I like the armour rubbing and chipping paint.

Also, pre app/app shots have been taken, just waiting on them to be emailed to me so I can post them here (only thing I am concerned about is chest placement may be off)

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Apr 22, 2019, 07:54 AM »
I've heard that using charcoal dust is a good way, but I have had zero experience in using it.
I used a flat black acrylic paint,  and dry brushed it in.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #38 on: Apr 22, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Do you have pictures on your wip?

Straka Zulu

« Reply #39 on: Apr 22, 2019, 10:58 PM »
I should...

Let me dig one up for you.

Hard to tell, but I also have a bit of gold around the edges of the blaster marks.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #40 on: Apr 23, 2019, 02:02 AM »
Sorry if these are sideways. But pre app.

joshsurf

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #41 on: Apr 23, 2019, 04:48 AM »
Looking good! For your carbon scoring I used crushed black pastels brushed on. Then matt clear coat over the top. Just a suggestion with your boots add some boot armor as it will help tie the boots and the rest of the kit together and make them look less earthie. Torso plates Need  a tweak to straitened  up. But overall looks so good I'm jealous!

ey guys heres my build thread over on the main forum:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=104238.0
helmet:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=96369.0
sniper rifle:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85582.0
go and have a look! let me know what you think!!
Modify message

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Boot armour is one of the upgrades planned after approval. It's required for heavy assault and I am planning a dual brigade heavy weapons/heavy assault.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #43 on: Apr 23, 2019, 05:43 PM »
Very nice! The only thing that stands out to me other than what Josh mentioned is that your left thigh is overlapping your shknee, or very nearly so. Looks like it's sitting a little lower than the right thigh, so that's probably the issue.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #44 on: Apr 23, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Yeah, will get that sorted.

Also had someone say one of the shoulders look a bit flat and it could do with weathering. And the Cape could do with a bit more work.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #45 on: Apr 24, 2019, 10:05 PM »

Dac'Gar Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Family events
« Reply #46 on: Apr 26, 2019, 02:54 AM »
The weathering on this looks pretty cool! I love the way it's look like atm already!

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #47 on: Apr 27, 2019, 08:30 PM »
Thanks. Needs some alterations before I can get OM. Shoulder needs adjustments as shoulder armour cannot be used as bicep armour. On a technicality it is shoulder armour much like Roman Centurions, but that's a debate for once I finish everything else.

Need to make sure my gaters are not flaring out as much, and I want to add boot and toe armour so I can combine that.

Armour spacing and the ab plate needs adjustments.

Weathering on the off shoulder and gaunts.

The armour won't be OM for the upcoming event, but I can still wear it. Then I can finish the first round of upgrades.

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2019, 02:23 PM »
I haven't scrolled back far enough to see how armor is attached, but you could benefit from a more precise method. I have Velcro along long edges and snaps on corners. The pic with your helmet off, pressing against the chest plate moves it so much. That shouldn't happen.

The back edges of the collar are "floating" up too. If you had a backplate attached to collar, that would be held down, but with just a cape, the cape needs to attach to the collar, you you need to anchor that back edge to the vest. Floating, unsecured armor just looks sloppy and You'll be adjusting it all the time.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
   - Destro

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #49 on: Aug 14, 2019, 05:32 PM »
Armour was on hold during a trip, and while waiting on bought pieces from TMA. Received those and now it's assembly time.

Back plate might need some heat forming, gauntlets I am not going to add hinges, just going to glue the outside pieces.

Toppers will be hot glued on, but that is so I can add electronics later.

If anyone can link to awesome display led tutorials that a real noob can follow along feel free to link them or PM me.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!