Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I Made an Aluminum Wrist Rocket

• 3 Replies

Algae198

• I'm not Boba Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
I Made an Aluminum Wrist Rocket
« on: Mar 17, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Hey gang!

Just wanted show a project I made a few months back. A clan member of asked if I could make a wrist rocket on my CNC machines.

So I ducked into my CAD software and worked up the design of the digital model. Not pictured is the little spacer block that'll attach the gauntlet to the rocket.

I drilled the hole pattern in the front of the rocket on our mill, and completely forgot to take any pictures of the process. So I turned the rear section of the rocket on our lathe, flipped it over and turned the front section.

The last thing to do was mill the slots running along the mid section of the rocket's body. This was filmed with an actual potato, a design which I'll be patenting next month.
https://i.imgur.com/Mhi9tfz

And this is the flare "in the white", without any sort of paint or weathering on it. Overall it was neat little project with was a lot of fun to do. I certainly enjoyed the project and I hope my clan mate enjoyed his new prop!

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: I Made an Aluminum Wrist Rocket
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2019, 08:11 AM »

Vod this is fantastic work,  I know most of the actual work was done on your CNC but you did create the CAD files to do.   :like:

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 56
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Algae198

• I'm not Boba Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2019, 09:33 AM »
Thanks Vode!

This was a good time, and I just love taking on these little projects. It lets me learn a lot outside of my normal work and do some fun projects that other really love.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Very nice!

:boba:

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!