Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Introductions of a potential new member.

• 5 Replies
Introductions of a potential new member.
« on: Mar 28, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Hello, my name is Dollard, as as you guess I am interested in joining!

I did not see a thread already made for introducing yourself and the like so I put this one up. My apologies if it is in the wrong place etc.

I was actually at Capital city comic con this past weekend and I chatted with one of your members on the first and second day, he had silver armour with red highlights and I remember some braided ropes or something around one of the shoulder areas, and I was asking about joining and costuming and now here I am! If it helps I was dressed as an SG1 member the second day and Captain Jack Harkness on the third.

As stated I am interesting in joining but my costuming skills are pretty much low to non existent.

I live on the island in Victoria, probably a good thing to mention as well!

Re: Introductions of a potential new member.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Welcome!

I remember you as Capt Jack Harkness! (Possibly one of my most favourite Doctor Who characters).

Sounds like you were talking to Brendan, (wolfe of winter). He's a really good guy to know as he is our Ruus'alor.

I'm Jarrod, (the grey and green caped Mando), and I live in Nanaimo. Theres a couple of guys in Victoria who are working on kits too, so there's some support there as well if you don't want to make the drive north.

What era of kit are you thinking?

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106123.msg1508559#msg1508559
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Hey! It is possible, I am horrible with names at times and that weekend was a bit of an overload for me as is!

I was looking more into the modern era, I kind of like the look of the Legacy armour I have seen around this site honestly and I am kinda of leaning in that direction.

I was looking at some late Crusader era stuff as well but if I had to pick I would go Modern era first and foremost.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2019, 11:17 PM »
Welcome! This is the exact place you need to be posting :D

Please ask any and all q's!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2019, 12:08 AM »
Will do!

Right now I am reading through all the tutorials and guides on the site for the moment trying to get some inspiration down before I start anything.

When I do start though I am sure I will have a ton of questions!

{Edit} So I have decided on a colour scheme and basically a style of armour I want. I found an image that was basically just like a design doll but no actual templates for making the armour.

All I have at the moment are two images of basically want I want to do and little else.

Also I decided to take the easy way out on the helmet and ordered one off Iron Forge after I saw it on a list of acceptable helmets after doing a search on the forum.

This leads to a couple questions:

1) Does anyone know where I can find templates for Legacy armour? (NEVERMIND. I was super tired last night and I found them this morning.)

B) Does anyone know where in Victoria I can pick up the supplies I need to make this thing and how much generally does it cost?

and 3, otherwise known as C) Is there anyone in the area willing to assist in this as my costuming skills are rather low and I would need some help. Big time.

Finally 4, or D, or (iv) in the little footnotes) Does having the two images and a helmet on order constitute enough to start a WIP thread?

« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2019, 02:05 PM by Roki007 » Logged

Firemaester

• We bleed, exhaust ourselves, and die.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Welcome Vod. Looking forward to seeing your progress. If you have any questions fire away and we will do everything we can

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!