Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armour concept

• 8 Replies
Armour concept
« on: Mar 31, 2019, 04:44 PM »
Posted this in the concept thread on the main page but wanted to share with you guys, as well as I have an extra question for here.

Basically I kinda of fell in love with the look of the Modern era Legacy armour so I wanted to do something with that. Next was deciding on a colour scheme and the like. While doing this I decided that I kinda of wanted the right and left sides to be slightly different from each other and this started with the colour patterns being different on each side to even some of the armour pieces being modified and edited to be different. Things such as the gauntlet on the right being something that just covered the forearm, but on the left having a full on armoured gauntlet, hand and all because that is where I want to flamethrower so in my mind it made sense.

I am not the best at describing what is going through my head so hopefully the images explain it a lot better, and if anything needs to be edited or changed please let me know! I know that sometimes what you picture in your head is not always practicle and advice from others is the best way to figure this out!

Now on top of that I recently purchased something from a friend. A particular blaster that he had broken the trigger on and I had fixed with milliput so I got it for a decent price. I was wondering if it could be used as a side arm. Something in a holster on the side at all times as I would want to carry a rifle around as well.

Said blaster:

I know it is a well known one but I am sure there are more then one of this type in the universe, eh? Big place after all!

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
Re: Armour concept
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Oh wow, i'm loving the look of it!

Now i might be wrong, but i think if you are going with thigh plates, they have to match?

WolfofWinter will have to get back to you about that answer though

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2019, 04:57 PM »
Thanks!

Ok, until I hear back for sure I will just go with them both being the same shape. I mean if need be I can do something different with the colour patterns etc.

And I looked into it and since I do need knee armour I was thinking just attaching that to the shin guards perhaps? Not a big fan of things around my knees and I think that would technically count?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2019, 02:19 AM »
And I looked into it and since I do need knee armour I was thinking just attaching that to the shin guards perhaps? Not a big fan of things around my knees and I think that would technically count?

The classic Shknees. I love them.
After approval I plan on going that route as well. Good choice!

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106123.msg1508559#msg1508559
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:58 PM »
The common advice I am getting off the main board is to do some sort of pattern with the red, though I am not sure what to do. My default would be red lines crossing it and while I kinda like that on the chest piece on the rest it is kinda meh. Unless I leave the shoulders and shins with the old lines I had and just change the chest?

Any other ideas for what I could do would be welcomed.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Honestly, you can go as big or as little as you'd like!

I kept my first kit very simple- a few colors, battle damage.

That being said, i love the colors and the lines you have going on!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Firemaester

• We bleed, exhaust ourselves, and die.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2019, 01:53 AM »
Greetings Vod.

Honestly, the first concept photo you have up looks great. Stick with what you want, and let the haters gasp when it comes out flawless

WolfofWinter

• Sho'cye Buurenaar-
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2019, 05:59 PM »
We've been chatting already but I love the work you've done so far! 
If you have any questions ask away!

Cheers

:vizsla:

Hunt or  be Hunted
MMCC# 1971
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #126
New Death Watch Order #45
« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2019, 07:21 PM »
So I was thinking about something and since it is not a WIP and kinda more an ask for advice/update the concept thing I decided to dust off this thread and post here and hopefully get some feed back.

The left gauntlet has a flame thrower. I want to add a hose to it but it has no where to go and I feel like I have three options.

1) Leave it, forget about it. It is not longer a thing/self contained.

2) Hose that leads up and under the shoulder armour or attached to something on back. With the legacy armour though I feel like this is less a thing.

3) Make some upper arm armour and on the left side add some small to medium tanks that run hose to the flame thrower.

See here for what I mean for # 3:

I am leaning more towards number three honestly but feedback always welcomed.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!