Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tom'yc Tolase Armor Plate WIP (image heavy)

• 6 Replies
Tom'yc Tolase Armor Plate WIP (image heavy)
« on: Mar 15, 2020, 09:36 PM »
Concept here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=187698.0

I printed out Drake's Legacy Armor Patterns V.1 and transferred them to cardboard. I'm sure most don't care about what pieces look like pre-cut, but for any who do, pictures are linked here.

I've assembled chest and back pieces for a test fit.

I know the chest and upper ab plates are too wide. Sintra plates will be properly molded once cut, the belt above is more to get the plate(s) to lay close to my body, rather than sticking nearly straight out.

I also added plates to the boots I intend to use.

Obviously, this is only one boot. I intend to permanently affix the shin, boot top, and toe cap plates to the boots. Boot tops and toe caps will be redesigned to properly fit these boots.

Finally, I assembled one pauldron. I don't have a picture of it mounted to other plates/armor, but I'll post the assembled image here for your consumption.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this configuration or if I'll be switching to a top mounted hinge and reverse the order of the plates so they look more like this:

This was pieced together from the assembly views in the template PDF referenced above.

I'll trim the chest pieces and do a full test fit in the days/weeks to come and either update this post or reply in this thread when I can. I do not, at this time, have any soft parts (other than the boots reference previously) put together, but I'll create a soft parts WIP when I start on those.

Other than that, all suggestions are welcome.

Awall

• None of us are as smart as ALL of us
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault
Re: Tom'yc Tolase Armor Plate WIP (image heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2020, 09:46 PM »
Got to give props to all you who do the layered plates.  Looks like a great start.  It would drive me nuts!  Great job

Rancor Clan     #2385
Oribru Akaata #56   Emergency Battalion
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:45 AM »
Had a (virtual) Armor Party this weekend. Got to tweak some pieces and fits.

I will have right and left pauldrons, I just didn't want to take the time to assemble the second set only to have to take it back apart when it comes time to transfer onto sintra. I also removed the bottom shin plate, and shifted the remaining ones down, to create space between shin and knee plates. The blue toe caps will be turned into plates as well. I haven't made a final decision on plates over the top of my feet,but I'm currently leaning against.

Pauldrons will be rotated down a little more in the final version.

Ner Riduur came up with a sigil for us to use:

Text reads "build defend". Not sure where this will be painted, but we both intend to use it.

Finally, I'll be creating a helmet and weapon WIP very soon to document those builds.

Sov

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:10 PM »
Ner Riduur came up with a sigil for us to use:

Text reads "build defend". Not sure where this will be painted, but we both intend to use it.

Just wondering if y'all were/are Seabees? Your text is very close to the Seabee motto "We Build, We Fight." I was a Seabee which is why I am asking.

OM #2673
Cabur Akaata #194
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:23 PM »
Just wondering if y'all were/are Seabees? Your text is very close to the Seabee motto "We Build, We Fight." I was a Seabee which is why I am asking.
Neither of us have any military experience. There's a history of service in both our families, but no Seabees. For us it was more about building our life together and protecting ourselves and each other from our abusers and abusive histories.

Sov

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Strong sigil and motto for a set of strong people.

OM #2673
Cabur Akaata #194

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!