Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP - Progress Report

• 51 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2019, 12:39 PM »
those are gonna look cracking.  :like:

« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Thanks! We can hope 😁 gonna get em covered today.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:50 PM »
That looks really good!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Great shnee build man!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #34 on: Apr 30, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Awesome work so far! You have a good grasp on what you're doing, but the only thing that concerns me is whether you've posted anywhere with a test fit of those plates. There's nothing worse than finishing a build, trying it on and finding out your plates are the wrong size.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Awesome work so far! You have a good grasp on what you're doing, but the only thing that concerns me is whether you've posted anywhere with a test fit of those plates. There's nothing worse than finishing a build, trying it on and finding out your plates are the wrong size.

I haven't posted test fits, but I've been working with my local chapter and they helped me size them and fit them, so we should be all good. :) According to all of them, they fit correctly.

My Bucket is finally finished! (I think)

More Progress Soon!

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2019, 09:05 PM by Havelock » Logged

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #36 on: Apr 30, 2019, 09:06 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #37 on: Apr 30, 2019, 09:54 PM »
That's a nice looking bucket.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Talon Ven'ad

• Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Apr 30, 2019, 10:02 PM »
That is a fantastic looking helmet. Great work.

MMCC OM#1914
Ruus'alor Solyc
Application Team & Item Approval Team
Beasthunter-Beastmaster Brigades

"Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old."

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 02:15 AM »
Thanks for all the support and feedback, guys. Slowly but surely coming together. :)

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2019, 04:32 PM »
My Blaster is finished!!

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2019, 04:56 PM »
I THINK I know what the base pistol is, but I can't tell for sure.  If that's a mod of the Nerf I think it is, VERY WELL DONE!!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 05:08 PM »
I THINK I know what the base pistol is, but I can't tell for sure.  If that's a mod of the Nerf I think it is, VERY WELL DONE!!

Haha I'm not brave enough to mod a nerf pistol. This is an original design for a "Westar-55" Heavy Blaster Pistol by Sergey Kolesnik, a very creative 3D designer. He made a few resin casts of this pistol and I got one, added a scope to it, and painted it. :)

Straka Zulu

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Looks awesome.

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2019, 05:00 PM »
I've seen this model, your work on the pistol is fantastic!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!