Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP - Progress Report

• 52 Replies
Re: First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2019, 01:13 AM »
Alright everyone!

Here's a flurry of progress pictures. Finished my gauntlets, and my shnees re-do, and I have some pictures of me with everything taped on and together to get a feel for how it will look completed.

DISCLAIMER: There are some things I am aware of that are wrong in the summary pictures. I had a guy taping the pieces onto me that didn't know much about mandalorians or their costumes.

Things that are wrong:
- He taped the chest/stomach plates on too low, and too far apart.
- He taped the wookie braids on OVER the cape.
- The cod piece should be lower, but I had to lodge it under my belt.
- The fitting for the pauldrons is too tight, and sits high on my shoulders and leans to one side. I need to re-fit it so it sits comfortably On top of my plates.
- I do not currently have a girth belt.
- I forgot to add the flamethrower hose on.
- Cape isn't sitting right.
- All the pieces are sitting a little strangely because they're taped on (they fell off a TON).

I know the lighting isn't too good, but if you guys see anything that needs attention I'm all ears. Is my Flight suit too baggy? That's my main concern right now.

Anyway, here are the pics!!

Here are my updated shnees!!

Everything taped together!

Enjoy! I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions!

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2019, 04:04 PM »
Great work! I would recommend adjusting the spacing of the chest plates so the spacing is even around the diamond. I would also recommend taking app-style photos outside in natural light so we can get a better look. Getting close!

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Great work! I would recommend adjusting the spacing of the chest plates so the spacing is even around the diamond. I would also recommend taking app-style photos outside in natural light so we can get a better look. Getting close!

Thanks! I've since had my Russ'alor help me re-shape and resize the plates, and am getting ready to attach the snaps in the right positions, and reshape some other pieces. :)

« Reply #48 on: Jun 16, 2019, 12:27 AM »
Gauntlets are finally done!

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #49 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Those look beautiful, vod!!  :like:

« Reply #50 on: Jun 17, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Those look beautiful, vod!!  :like:

Thanks, vod!!  :D

Padawan

• Kapr vakare cuyir vurel o'r gar riye
« Reply #51 on: Jun 17, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Those gauntlets look amazing, vod!

-Sofia C

Because I love the adrenaline in my veins, I do whatever it takes

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #52 on: Jun 19, 2019, 11:21 PM »
Those are super nice!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!