Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP - Progress Report

• 58 Replies

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Spectacular work here bud!

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
M.A.C.K#51 O.O.P.S#48 G.O.M.O.L#34 O.S.B.A. #08
P.W.S.#007 Mando Wraps#04 B.O.B.B#32
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2019, 11:19 AM »
Spectacular work here bud!

Thanks a bunch!!

Avelin Kel

• OM#2248
« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Looking good! Excited to see more!  :D Amazing work on the painting and weathering.

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2019, 04:40 PM »
This is some fantastic work! Well done!

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2019, 11:59 AM »
Your bucket is looking great, vod!  Really nice work!  Something you'll need to look at moving forward is your shknees.  Those appear to be Sith Acolyte shnkees, which would absolutely be usable on a Crusader Era kit.  For a Modern Era kit, though, they'll need to be modified enough that they're no longer identifiable as KOTOR/SWTOR Era armor.  I have no doubt you'll be able to make those work, and I look forward to seeing more progress on your kit.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23
« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Your bucket is looking great, vod!  Really nice work!  Something you'll need to look at moving forward is your shknees.  Those appear to be Sith Acolyte shnkees, which would absolutely be usable on a Crusader Era kit.  For a Modern Era kit, though, they'll need to be modified enough that they're no longer identifiable as KOTOR/SWTOR Era armor.  I have no doubt you'll be able to make those work, and I look forward to seeing more progress on your kit.

Good thing you mentioned this before I added the straps 😬 I'm sure I can find a way to spice them up a little. Any recommendations?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Trauma plating on the front maybe?

Havelock

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Yep.  I think trauma plating would be the least complicated option.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23
« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2019, 02:18 PM »
Yep.  I think trauma plating would be the least complicated option.

Thanks guys, I'll draft up some ideas for your input. 👍

Havelock

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Awesome!

« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Alright I redesigned the Shknees with some trauma plating and hole-filling. What do you think? Would this pass?

Let me know!

Havelock

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:36 PM »
I think if you extend the trauma plate up to cover that trough on the shin, then it'll be just about perfect.

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:54 PM »
I think if you extend the trauma plate up to cover that trough on the shin, then it'll be just about perfect.

Solid copy! Thanks a bunch!

Havelock

« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:59 PM »
My pleasure.  Can't wait to see it!

« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Here's some WIP pics of my shnee modifications!

I've since sanded the filler material and I'm about to re-rub'nbuff it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!