Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP - Progress Report

• 70 Replies
Re: First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Alright I redesigned the Shknees with some trauma plating and hole-filling. What do you think? Would this pass?

Let me know!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:36 PM »
I think if you extend the trauma plate up to cover that trough on the shin, then it'll be just about perfect.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:54 PM »
I think if you extend the trauma plate up to cover that trough on the shin, then it'll be just about perfect.

Solid copy! Thanks a bunch!

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2019, 06:59 PM »
My pleasure.  Can't wait to see it!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Here's some WIP pics of my shnee modifications!

I've since sanded the filler material and I'm about to re-rub'nbuff it.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2019, 12:39 PM »
those are gonna look cracking.  :like:

« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Thanks! We can hope 😁 gonna get em covered today.

Havelock

« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2019, 07:50 PM »
That looks really good!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2019, 10:00 PM »
Great shnee build man!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #34 on: Apr 30, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Awesome work so far! You have a good grasp on what you're doing, but the only thing that concerns me is whether you've posted anywhere with a test fit of those plates. There's nothing worse than finishing a build, trying it on and finding out your plates are the wrong size.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Awesome work so far! You have a good grasp on what you're doing, but the only thing that concerns me is whether you've posted anywhere with a test fit of those plates. There's nothing worse than finishing a build, trying it on and finding out your plates are the wrong size.

I haven't posted test fits, but I've been working with my local chapter and they helped me size them and fit them, so we should be all good. :) According to all of them, they fit correctly.

My Bucket is finally finished! (I think)

More Progress Soon!

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2019, 09:05 PM by Havelock » Logged

Havelock

« Reply #36 on: Apr 30, 2019, 09:06 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Apr 30, 2019, 09:54 PM »
That's a nice looking bucket.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Talon Ven'ad

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Apr 30, 2019, 10:02 PM »
That is a fantastic looking helmet. Great work.

MMCC OM#1914
Beasthunter-Beastmaster Brigades
Ruus'alor Sol'yc
Mandalorian Mercs Builders Group Administrator

"Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old."

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2019, 02:15 AM »
Thanks for all the support and feedback, guys. Slowly but surely coming together. :)

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2019, 04:32 PM »
My Blaster is finished!!

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2019, 04:56 PM »
I THINK I know what the base pistol is, but I can't tell for sure.  If that's a mod of the Nerf I think it is, VERY WELL DONE!!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 05:08 PM »
I THINK I know what the base pistol is, but I can't tell for sure.  If that's a mod of the Nerf I think it is, VERY WELL DONE!!

Haha I'm not brave enough to mod a nerf pistol. This is an original design for a "Westar-55" Heavy Blaster Pistol by Sergey Kolesnik, a very creative 3D designer. He made a few resin casts of this pistol and I got one, added a scope to it, and painted it. :)

Straka Zulu

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Looks awesome.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2019, 05:00 PM »
I've seen this model, your work on the pistol is fantastic!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2019, 01:13 AM »
Alright everyone!

Here's a flurry of progress pictures. Finished my gauntlets, and my shnees re-do, and I have some pictures of me with everything taped on and together to get a feel for how it will look completed.

DISCLAIMER: There are some things I am aware of that are wrong in the summary pictures. I had a guy taping the pieces onto me that didn't know much about mandalorians or their costumes.

Things that are wrong:
- He taped the chest/stomach plates on too low, and too far apart.
- He taped the wookie braids on OVER the cape.
- The cod piece should be lower, but I had to lodge it under my belt.
- The fitting for the pauldrons is too tight, and sits high on my shoulders and leans to one side. I need to re-fit it so it sits comfortably On top of my plates.
- I do not currently have a girth belt.
- I forgot to add the flamethrower hose on.
- Cape isn't sitting right.
- All the pieces are sitting a little strangely because they're taped on (they fell off a TON).

I know the lighting isn't too good, but if you guys see anything that needs attention I'm all ears. Is my Flight suit too baggy? That's my main concern right now.

Anyway, here are the pics!!

Here are my updated shnees!!

Everything taped together!

Enjoy! I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions!

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2019, 04:04 PM »
Great work! I would recommend adjusting the spacing of the chest plates so the spacing is even around the diamond. I would also recommend taking app-style photos outside in natural light so we can get a better look. Getting close!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Great work! I would recommend adjusting the spacing of the chest plates so the spacing is even around the diamond. I would also recommend taking app-style photos outside in natural light so we can get a better look. Getting close!

Thanks! I've since had my Russ'alor help me re-shape and resize the plates, and am getting ready to attach the snaps in the right positions, and reshape some other pieces. :)

« Reply #48 on: Jun 16, 2019, 12:27 AM »
Gauntlets are finally done!

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #49 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:56 AM »
Those look beautiful, vod!!  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!