Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Canon Rally Master

• 5 Replies
Canon Rally Master
« on: Apr 16, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Has anyone attempted a Canon Rally Master Armor like what was seen in Solo with the samurai inspired splint armor.

I was hoping to do something in this vein for my first armor build, and I was wondering which Era it would fall under and which costume requirements it would be held to.

Considering I'm going for a look inspired by the crusader seen in Clone Wars on the cubist artwork, with the flowing cloaks and swords, I was going off of the Crusader Era costume recs, and had figured I'd need to change the helmet. I'm new to the community, just joined today, and I've been trying to find my bearings.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Canon Rally Master
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:07 PM »
That kit is comprised of an off the shelf Samurai armor commercially available and a poorly painted boba/jango style bucket.  It is not currently being considered for approval under canon or custom CRL's at this time.  If you want layered plates, check out the CRL's for legacy and crusader eras respectively.  That helmet could be used under legacy, but not crusader.

If someone applied with that kit, it would fall under the crossover clause in the CRL's, as someone would look at it and say "Oooh, cool Samurai Costume!" and then go , "Wait... is that a mando helmet?"

Highly recommend you take a look at legacy, and also this tutorial from the war college: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153981.0

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:12 PM »
That kit is comprised of an off the shelf Samurai armor commercially available and a poorly painted boba/jango style bucket.  It is not currently being considered for approval under canon or custom CRL's at this time.  If you want layered plates, check out the CRL's for legacy and crusader eras respectively.  That helmet could be used under legacy, but not crusader.

If someone applied with that kit, it would fall under the crossover clause in the CRL's, as someone would look at it and say "Oooh, cool Samurai Costume!" and then go , "Wait... is that a mando helmet?"

Highly recommend you take a look at legacy, and also this tutorial from the war college: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153981.0

Thanks so much. Like I said I had pretty much accepted that I would be changing the helmet, I hate how it looks overall anyway (as a canon freak my personal headcanon is that it’s a modern helmet that was placed on ancient armor because Vos/the museum he stole it from needed something on top)

By the way I want to say I’m a big fan of yours. Your fairly cheap first set of armor was what actually made me consider this as something feasible.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:14 PM »
Thanks so much. Like I said I had pretty much accepted that I would be changing the helmet, I hate how it looks overall anyway (as a canon freak my personal headcanon is that it’s a modern helmet that was placed on ancient armor because Vos/the museum he stole it from needed something on top)

By the way I want to say I’m a big fan of yours. Your fairly cheap first set of armor was what actually made me consider this as something feasible.

AWWWW Thanks man!  I'm still fairly cheap if you don't count the evolutionary process lol.  Excited to see your concept develop!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:32 PM »
If you want layered plates, check out the CRL's for legacy and crusader eras respectively.  That helmet could be used under legacy, but not crusader

So just so I’m clear, is it possible to have layered armor as a crusader (as long as it’s not just samurai armor with a mando helmet on top) as long as the helmet isn’t modern? I like the style of the legacy mandalorian armor, and of course the layers, but it’s just not quite the... aesthetic I’m going for. I kind of want to capture the feel of an older, earlier style mandalorian armor, inspired by the murals seen in clone wars with the robes and swords and such.

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2019, 12:14 PM »
You really need to go check out the reference image libraries in the war college to get a feel for each aesthetic.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!