Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP soft parts

• 0 Replies
WIP soft parts
« on: Apr 16, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I'm been working on my soft parts under the guidance of the MN Stronghold.  I bought a surplus flightsuit, removed the pockets, took in the arms and legs . 

Then I weathered the fight suit with a bleach and water mixture, and did a light fog of spray paint to make it more sandy.

I made my armor really dirty, so I went back in and added red spray paint as a salt or clay dusting.

Blast Vest

For the blast vest, I cut an old shirt as a pattern and used duck cloth.  The sides velcro closed like a bullet proof vest. Put two darts in to eliminate puckering. Finished the kneck and sleave holes with bias tape to prevent fraying and make it look better.

Then I added velcro where the plates go, and added spray paint to dirty it up a bit.

Girth belt
Used cotton, paracord , and a lot of E6000. Added on some clips and velcro to secure it. Then hit it with spray paint to dirty it up.

Gloves

Replica force awakens xwing pilot gloves.  Scuffed them up and hit them with spray paint.

Spats
Leather ww2 motorcycle spats, dirtied up with acrylic paint.  They cover the laces and zippers.  Strap closure.  Plate is bolted on with Chicago screw, and painted to match.

Neck seal.

Cotton with interfacing to thicken it up a little. Velcro closure, and weathered with spray paint.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019, 01:10 PM by Don Reisdorph » Logged
Those rumbling sounds are not trumpets! - Harg'chak Wooroo

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!