Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kote Du'Caryc Upgrades (pic heavy)

• 12 Replies

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
  • Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Kote Du'Caryc Upgrades (pic heavy)
« on: Apr 28, 2019, 08:15 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm an OM from Ciry'Kurs clan and I'm in the process of upgrading my kit. Originaly I built it out of 22ga steel without the skill to back it up because I wanted to be edgy and hardcore. Now I'm replacing most of the pieces with sintra pieces. I've been at it for a little while and I have a thread going on my clan's page, so this first post will be pretty dense. Bear with me please.

So this is my armour pre-upgrades

I started with the legs and right gauntlet

Then the handplates

After a long break I got to work on the left gauntlet. The cannon is hinged and is held in place by magnets when extended. I'm going to try it for one con and if it proves to be too much weight I'll just put a smaller cannon into the track there it sits while extended.

Used a lot of gamecube controller parts

Eventually had the legs and gauntlets done and primed

Today I shaped my new chestplates, shoulder plates, and backplate. I never actually finished my old backplate and it never sat right, but as my kit includes a pack it was never enough of an issue to fix, but it was something I wanted to do right from the start this time.

I also today drew a template for my new blaster, which is heavily based on some art I found (trying to contact the artist now)

And that brings you up to date. Tomorrow I'm planning on starting painting and weathering, then next week when I have my sewing machine again I'll get my new vest made and get work on that stuff.

What if the costume...is wearing me?

Vorir Gah'Kurs

• Ruus'amoose
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Kote Du'Caryc Upgrades (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2019, 08:22 PM »
I'm super impressed with the way you've moved from your original kit and adapted what you've learned into your second kit! The weight difference is going to be incredible! Keep us in the loop!

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
  • Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2019, 10:10 PM »
Does it count as a second kit if it's the same armour but upgraded? Because this is probably the third round of upgrades since I first rushed it out for The Force Awakens.

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Got some painting done yesterday and today.

I was also gonna start painting the left gauntlet, but that has since been rescheduled

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 01:58 PM »
Got the shins attached to the boots and was able to salvage the straps from the left thigh and transfer them over but I'll have to wait till Sunday when I get my sewing machine back to do the other one. Also got my collar plate finished and primed and started repainting the bicep plates.

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 01:24 PM »
Painted my left gauntlet and tried them both on. Really happy with the result, they're both comfortable and secure!

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 08:16 PM »
Tried on what I have done today! Gotta extend the vest a little, but other than that no fixes needed. Tomorrow I'l sort out the backplate attachments proper and sew the last two straps for the lower bicep plates and then I'll be con ready!

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 05:13 PM »
Looks beautiful and awesome!

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Thanks a lot! I just checked out your WIP and your kit looks awesome! It's all ready now, just waiting for my fiancee to get home from work and help me try it on!

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 11:32 AM »
Ottawa Comicon is over! Still waiting on a couple pictures but I'll post what I have for now!

My next tanks will be weathering the new soft parts to match my armour, making a new pack, and building my new rifle. After that I think I'm good for a while!

Zaroc

• Honneur aux armes - Respect aux maîtres
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Family events Special Weapons Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Looks great!

Make sure you add a little weathering to your soft parts to match the armor and it will be perfect  :like:

PWS #009 - New Death Watch Order #43 - O.O.P.S. ! #49
Zaroc - Brigade approved as Privateer/Gunslinger
Ogm'a - Archaelorian/Scavenger

Kote Du'caryc

• Clan MacGyver
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 09:50 PM »
That's next on my list, barely got it together it time lol

Vorir Gah'Kurs

• Ruus'amoose
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 10:00 AM »
What I would do, since you've done a major overhaul on your kit is to check with the Ruus'sol of Canada, Rin V'khari, and clear it with him. Having an App team member also look at your progress will be important too.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!