Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Season 1 Sabine Wren - Build

• 8 Replies
Season 1 Sabine Wren - Build
« on: Jun 02, 2019, 11:38 PM »
Hello-

I've been tweaking my Season 1 Sabine Build to fit with Mercs standards. I have been approved by the Rebel Legion with my current kit. However, there are a few modifications I need to make for Mercs. I've included a few pictures of my current kit.
My soft parts are from Jo at Eitanya Designs. She made the shirt and pants. I also used her template for the armor.

I got help fashioning the armor from Eternal Armory. I have  a deformity to my chest and my chest plates were made to accommodate that issue. Other wise they would float. They are a bit longer so they sit on the flatter parts under my collar bone and my ribcage. If only she had a flak vest!  :)

The helmet and paint sprayer is from the Mandalorian Arsenal.
Westars are from Eternal Armory with modifications to match screen shots.

I did the paint work. I can list my exact colors used. At the time I painted this (3 years ago) I used colors recommended by several other Sabines  on the Rebel forums. 
Paint list: Valspar Plumberry for the main color, Rustoleum Fire Engine red for the chest diamond, rustoleum Aubergine for the darker maroon highlights on the helmet, acrylic for other colors.

I did do a darker light wash of maroon on the plumberry so it's toned down.

Helmet:

Westars:

Paint Sprayer:

Submission pictures for Rebel Legion (approved):

Okay.. Here is what I know needs to change. The chest diamond is the wrong size. I have remade this piece. I need to get updated pictures with the new diamond. Also, these pictures make my colors look hot pink. The color is better shown in the helmet picture. I also need to adjust the orange in the wig so it stands out.

I will have better photos soon! This has been a fun and frustrating costume. I love wearing this at events with the Rebel Legion. I so want to get this approved for Mercs too.

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Season 1 Sabine Wren - Build
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Hi ValFrost
You kit looks very good. I agree with you about this kind  of Kits are frustanting but when you finish the reward is a perfect Kit.
 continue like this with the same effort
 :like:

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards Airmobile brigade member 40+ hrs of Charity Work Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Commenting to follow. Look forward to seeing this finished up.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2019, 10:54 PM »
Here are my updates:

The chest diamond is now narrow.  Reworked the wig so the orange in the front is more pronounced.

Closer view of the darker wash and weathering on plates. Modified diamond. It is Colonial Red.

Helmet view:

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Celebration Chicago
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2019, 01:08 AM »
What a marvelous S1 Kit! Great job! Any status on getting approved with Mercs? :sabine:

OM #1871
M5 #90
#038 G.O.M.O.L.
#017 Night Owl Society
Raquel91 WIP (Currently S4 Sabine Wren Epilogue Kit)
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Thank you for your kind words! I got approved! I'm so excited. I had to repaint my boots and do a few minor adjustments. But... I passed! Whoot!

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2019, 12:15 PM »
Congratulations on being OM :like:

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Congrats!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Custom Armor WIP - Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession...

Red Phoenix

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Congrats on getting.the OM status. the kit looks amazing !

No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!