Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit, Template fitting

• 1 Replies
First Kit, Template fitting
« on: May 13, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Hello vod
I am making my first kit, wanted to start with paper design to try shape, size, colors, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/ZPLCUuZ
Any tips/help/opinions/whatever helps, thanks!

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: First Kit, Template fitting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:14 PM »
Good start, and great job on starting with paper instead of jumping straight to sintra.  Your plates are a little wide for you.  You'll want to trim them up a bit.

(That's a very rough approximation of where you'll want to trim)
For the idea aesthetic, you'll want to have the bottom edges of the collar line up with the upper outside edges of the chest plates...and you'll also want the outside edges of your ab plate to follow the same line as the edges of your chest plate fangs.

If you look at pics of Jango, you'll see that his armor doesn't actually cover all that much area.

You'll also want to link the photo directly into your post, rather than just having a link to your picture.  You'll get more feedback if folks don't have to follow an outside link.  If you're not sure how to put the picture directly in your post, check out this thread.  For how to host images here on the MMCC’s site, if you’re an Auxilliary Member or Supporter, check out this awesome guide!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!