Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Build WIP

• 4 Replies
First Build WIP
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:53 PM »
Hi All,

Below is my first armor set WIP thread! My Fiancee Brittley and I spent the last year or so constructing our first sets and I am finally getting around to making this thread. Very excited to go through the process here and hopefully get to be apart of this great organization! Thank you  :vizsla:

We ended up readjusting the chest section to have an ab plate as well (see the final images for end result)

civvik

Re: First Build WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Looks good man! I dig the SWG vibes I get off of it.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Thank you! It is the SWG armor template with a few tweaks and changes! I was really into the game back in the day  :D

Avelin Kel

• OM#2248
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 03:48 PM »
I like what you ended up doing with the ab plate. 

I can't tell if you have your collar plates on underneath the section of fur. I think I see the corner of one peaking out. I just want to confirm that they are still there.  :P

The only other thing of note is that your weathering on your plates looks good. Love your paint scheme. However, your soft parts look very clean at this stage. Make sure to dirty those up, including your fur pieces and boots.  You'll want your soft parts weathering to equal the amount of weathering on your plates.

Keep up the awesome work! I look forward to seeing more. Your kit is coming along nicely.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 01:11 PM »
Thank you!

That is great advice and I will be sure to get that weathering in! You are correct, I do have the collar plates but they were covered up by the fur.

Thanks again for the help!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!