Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

BACK PLATE QUESTION

• 3 Replies

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
BACK PLATE QUESTION
« on: May 14, 2019, 12:00 AM »
would this work as a black plate

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Den Barren

• Meg cuyir ogir at akaanir a te akaan Tio'r.
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: BACK PLATE QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 05:04 AM »
You could definitely make some sort of communication pack or other type of pack.

Unfortunately, that particular vest wouldn’t be acceptable as a backplate though. A back plate would need to be made out of one of the approvable armor materials, as well as look non-earthy.

I hope that helps vod! Looking forward to what you come up with!

"Tion ke'gyce ner kad al'ijaat?"~What guides my sword if not honor?

Backstory
WIP Links
YouTube Mando Armor Tutorial Channel

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Den is correct -- it definitely wouldn't qualify as a backplate. you'd end up needing at least a top collar section to make it APPEAR you have the rest of a backplate, but...

It's also earth military, and the CRL's specifically state that all Molle has to be covered -- you'd have to modify it beyond all recognition even to use it as a soft backpack. So you'd basically just end up with a harness... which you could make a lot cheaper with some strapping and a few d-rings and buckles.

Veran Rex

• "You Can Run And Hide But I Will Find You "
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 11:58 AM »
You could definitely make some sort of communication pack or other type of pack.

Unfortunately, that particular vest wouldn’t be acceptable as a backplate though. A back plate would need to be made out of one of the approvable armor materials, as well as look non-earthy.

I hope that helps vod! Looking forward to what you come up with!
Den is correct -- it definitely wouldn't qualify as a backplate. you'd end up needing at least a top collar section to make it APPEAR you have the rest of a backplate, but...

It's also earth military, and the CRL's specifically state that all Molle has to be covered -- you'd have to modify it beyond all recognition even to use it as a soft backpack. So you'd basically just end up with a harness... which you could make a lot cheaper with some strapping and a few d-rings and buckles.

Yes it does thank you guys

"Gar lise viinir bal haaranovor, a ni mar'eyi gar"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!