Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Warlock's Weapon WIP Thread

• 56 Replies
Warlock's Weapon WIP Thread
« on: Jun 06, 2019, 08:37 PM »
So finally getting around to building a kit. Been tinkering with my rifle the most and could use some other thoughts please.

I took a G36 airsoft I snagged dirt cheap, swapped the stock out for a AK stock I ordered, removed the rail from the handguard, added barrel, coolant tube, rangefinder via PVC. Currently most parts are just taped on until I'm done tinkering and checking out different ideas.

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2019, 06:15 PM by WarlockHCP » Logged
Re: Custom Rifle --G36 base
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2019, 09:27 PM »
Found and ordered a new handguard as what I have above just isn't doing it for me.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2019, 06:09 PM »
New guard came in.

Got a lot more to do but happy how it's coming along!

Tor Johaair

• Tor Johaa'ir
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Special Operations Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2019, 10:43 PM »
Is there a specific Star Wars blaster rifle you are using as a model?

I know when I was building my first weapon, my Ruus'alor tried to steer me to pattern it after a Canon weapon so there would be less chance of being denied.

MMCC // #2191      Brigades #323
Tor Johaa'ir (Approved)
Striker Division: Spec Ops- Recon (Approved)

Justice, and Vengence. Though not necessarily in that order.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Is there a specific Star Wars blaster rifle you are using as a model?

I know when I was building my first weapon, my Ruus'alor tried to steer me to pattern it after a Canon weapon so there would be less chance of being denied.

No I'm trying for something unique. Mostly because when I began I found the G36 airsoft on eBay for $15 and just went with it.

The few canon weapons built off the G36 don't appeal to me and figured most canon Mandos are either carrying weapons not seen on others before or westar varients, so why not try for something that would be "mine". 

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2019, 10:39 AM »
The EL-16 blaster is based off the G-36. If you want some ideas, you can always use it as reference, mostly for little details. Yours can be a Tibanna-jacked variant, or something.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019, 10:45 AM by Ori Dart » Logged
Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2019, 11:02 AM »
I'll look into it.  Thanks!

got some Steel tubing from Depot, as the PVC sizes were either too small or too large for this guard.

[/img]

Cut more of the main weapon away and used 1" PVC tube to attach guard. Will need to epoxy/bolt it into place.

Rain delay on more work tonight, but hope to get assembled tomorrow/this weekend and start working on some greeblies.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 06:06 PM by Vor'en Marr » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Still working on my G36 base as well. Decided to nix the rifle scope of the top. Going to look for a more Star Warzy scope/upper attachment. Leaning towards a M38 replica (cheaper resin cast ).

Still fighting with how to mount the stock securely. It's butting up against the trigger mechanism which I'd like to keep just to have a 'working' trigger.

Finally got the handguard worked out. Bolted a bit if pipe into the body and the hand guard securely slides on to. Have that setting with some JB weld to lock it down hopefully and can remove the screws to replace with something more fitting.

Also thinking of snagging a few E11 grebblies to mount on here. Power cyclinders and counter at least. Perhaps the magazine too

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Latest acquisition to convert, airsoft Beretta ARX base.

Thinking heavy blaster rifle with wide vented barrel, maybe a M19/38 scope or pair of thin scopes. Still in planning stages and looking for ideas.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2019, 06:57 PM »
Different barrel option and greeblie I'm thinking of adding to both sides

« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2019, 01:58 PM »
did you take out all the firing mechanisms?  :porg2:

i will fight with all my might for Mandalore
« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2019, 05:34 PM »
did you take out all the firing mechanisms?  :porg2:

The G36 is inoperable yes, the only componant remaining is the trigger/safety mechanicism solely to maintain position and movement of the trigger.
 The ARX I haven't opened up yet but I intend to do the same.

Both were purchased as "for parts only/not working".

« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Got the sights removed, and lower rails sanded/cut off. Will tackle the upper rails later.  Drilled out for a barrel. Still under decided on if I wanna use this alluminum bit with or with out the tip, or make a vented shroud from PVC.

*EDIT* Another barrel option

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2019, 04:17 PM by WarlockHCP » Logged
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Still working on making this ARX a bit Star Warzy:

Any suggestions welcome. Had other groups suggest removing the grip and buttstock for a thumbhole style stock

Also suggestions on greeblies would be great!

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Warlock's Weapon WIP Thread
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:30 PM »
I am really digging what you have done with that G36 base. That ARX needs a little bit of work still bit I like the direction it's heading. I would suggest perhaps using the A300 for inspiration  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Thanks! The G36 base is my tough one currently.  I've got the basics I want down with it,...but getting it all securely connected and clean looking is giving me some grief.

The stock is secure, locked in fairly well, but I need to  clean up and fill the joint to the base. Hoping to get some bondo layered and shaped to taper it right.

The foregrip and barrel on the other hand wants to fight me every step. I had a bit of PVC epoxied in that the foregrip pressure fit onto, but then i noticed that top bit of trim i left from the G36 rail was pushing it down juuuuuust enough to make it angled and when tweaking with in that bit broke off,....so guess that kinna solved that lol

« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Little progress made this weekend.

Got the greeblies painted, made a side mag with some ice cube relays, moved the lens to the side. Going to mod a barrel shroud from a length of 1.25" PVC and get a 4x20 or so scope

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:49 PM »
This is awesome! Love your mods! Even though I personally find that arx features are pretty unique and make your blaster pretty recognizable. But probably because I had this rifle while in the Army (standard issue) and seeing your post I was like "omg omg omg, an arx!".

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2019, 06:23 PM »
And for a side arm base:

« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2019, 06:24 PM »
This is awesome! Love your mods! Even though I personally find that arx features are pretty unique and make your blaster pretty recognizable. But probably because I had this rifle while in the Army (standard issue) and seeing your post I was like "omg omg omg, an arx!".

Thanks! Stiull working on greebs and profile hiding ;) Hope to get a bit more work tomorrow

3ddyb

• Omax Rak
« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2019, 07:24 PM »
And for a side arm base:

That is going to be amazing, love a good revolver :8):
"Feeling lucky?"

"An artist by nature,  a monster by necessity..."

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #21 on: Dec 08, 2019, 03:11 PM »
That revolver is sweet! Are you going to consider taking inspiration from The Mandalorian's disrupter rifle, since that's (iirc) the only weapon we've seen using cartridges rather than battery-pack magazines? A disrupter pistol would be pretty cool!

« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Currently was just thinking a nice slug thrower, thou a disrupter isnt a bad idea ;)

Ordered a set of 45 degree scope rings for the top rail, added some classic T Track to the sides of the barrel, thinking a Molex on the top or perhaps bottom of the barrel. Got another greeblie for underneath as well that will cover the rail.

« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Little update on pistol:

More of a heavily modded EE3 style now.   Still waiting on my 45 degree scope mounts -_- Blasted China orders on ebay  ETA wsa yesterday to near March -_-

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2019, 07:54 PM by WarlockHCP » Logged
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2020, 04:26 PM »
More progress on my original G36 rifle base, plus some greebs I plan to make use of:

Thinking for using this asa sort of side mounted rangefinder.

Greeb that I will mount to the side of the stock

Power cells, not sure which or both will be used.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!