Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Warlock's Weapon WIP Thread

• 44 Replies
Re: Warlock's Weapon WIP Thread
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Thanks! The G36 base is my tough one currently.  I've got the basics I want down with it,...but getting it all securely connected and clean looking is giving me some grief.

The stock is secure, locked in fairly well, but I need to  clean up and fill the joint to the base. Hoping to get some bondo layered and shaped to taper it right.

The foregrip and barrel on the other hand wants to fight me every step. I had a bit of PVC epoxied in that the foregrip pressure fit onto, but then i noticed that top bit of trim i left from the G36 rail was pushing it down juuuuuust enough to make it angled and when tweaking with in that bit broke off,....so guess that kinna solved that lol

« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Little progress made this weekend.

Got the greeblies painted, made a side mag with some ice cube relays, moved the lens to the side. Going to mod a barrel shroud from a length of 1.25" PVC and get a 4x20 or so scope

Kurz

« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2019, 05:49 PM »
This is awesome! Love your mods! Even though I personally find that arx features are pretty unique and make your blaster pretty recognizable. But probably because I had this rifle while in the Army (standard issue) and seeing your post I was like "omg omg omg, an arx!".

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2019, 06:23 PM »
And for a side arm base:

« Reply #19 on: Dec 07, 2019, 06:24 PM »
This is awesome! Love your mods! Even though I personally find that arx features are pretty unique and make your blaster pretty recognizable. But probably because I had this rifle while in the Army (standard issue) and seeing your post I was like "omg omg omg, an arx!".

Thanks! Stiull working on greebs and profile hiding ;) Hope to get a bit more work tomorrow

3ddyb

• Omax Rak
« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2019, 07:24 PM »
And for a side arm base:

That is going to be amazing, love a good revolver :8):
"Feeling lucky?"

"An artist by nature,  a monster by necessity..."

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #21 on: Dec 08, 2019, 03:11 PM »
That revolver is sweet! Are you going to consider taking inspiration from The Mandalorian's disrupter rifle, since that's (iirc) the only weapon we've seen using cartridges rather than battery-pack magazines? A disrupter pistol would be pretty cool!

« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Currently was just thinking a nice slug thrower, thou a disrupter isnt a bad idea ;)

Ordered a set of 45 degree scope rings for the top rail, added some classic T Track to the sides of the barrel, thinking a Molex on the top or perhaps bottom of the barrel. Got another greeblie for underneath as well that will cover the rail.

« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Little update on pistol:

More of a heavily modded EE3 style now.   Still waiting on my 45 degree scope mounts -_- Blasted China orders on ebay  ETA wsa yesterday to near March -_-

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2019, 07:54 PM by WarlockHCP » Logged
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2020, 04:26 PM »
More progress on my original G36 rifle base, plus some greebs I plan to make use of:

Thinking for using this asa sort of side mounted rangefinder.

Greeb that I will mount to the side of the stock

Power cells, not sure which or both will be used.

« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Trying to clean up the buttstock connection to the main frame.  Used some scrap PVC board I had. Not sure if I like it or not 

Suggestions welcome ;)

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Trying to clean up the buttstock connection to the main frame.  Used some scrap PVC board I had. Not sure if I like it or not 

Suggestions welcome ;)
j

Suggestions welcome ;)

Just fill in the gaps with some bondo spot/glazing putty and then sand the edges flush with the main body and you should be good to go  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #27 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:32 PM »
j
Just fill in the gaps with some bondo spot/glazing putty and then sand the edges flush with the main body and you should be good to go  :like:

Started that this very weekend actually ;) Also found a greeblie that works well for the barrel tip

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:39 AM »
Great minds think a like  :laugh: Awesome stuff. Digging this build for sure

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2020, 11:56 AM »

Finished up painting on my Westar 35

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!