Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Coreth's First Armor WIP (pic heavy already)

• 40 Replies

hazelspikes

• "Armor is just bigger Gunpla!"
Re: Coreth's First Armor WIP (pic heavy already)
« Reply #30 on: Jun 16, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Finished the blaster nozzles today. Any tips on how to get them in their places?

Also got around to trimming and beveling the lower back plate. Cut down the hairline fracture, flipped the piece and did the same to the other side so they match.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2020, 01:54 PM by hazelspikes » Logged

hazelspikes

« Reply #31 on: Jun 20, 2020, 11:24 PM »
More back plate forming! Clan said that it looked like it met the 2/3rds back coverage but to trim down the sides. The collar plate will need to be trimmed or replaced to match the adjusted back plate. Bit of a bummer but not too bad.

Things to do before painting armor:
  • Trim back plate (width)
  • Trim or remake collar plate
  • Add a sintra plate behind the helmet's visor so the whole T is filled.
  • Paint gauntlets and install nozzles

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #32 on: Jul 05, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Excellent progress, and it looks like you already know what your next steps need to be. Keep up the good work!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

hazelspikes

« Reply #33 on: Jul 05, 2020, 07:59 PM »
Did A Lot today!

• Sized my back plate
  • Made trauma plates to go over the collar and back plate seams
  • Got my toppers in my gauntlets
  • Made my sintra tooth to fix the visor

Next step is waiting for my vest to be finished - hopefully will get it next week - and make sure everything looks good on the vest before I paint and attach.

In other news, my jet pack look super pretty and I should be able to get it at the end of the week.

hazelspikes

« Reply #34 on: Aug 24, 2020, 12:15 PM »
An exciting update! I finally got all my soft parts together and put on the armor. Of course, I'll need more velcro on the vest when all the armor is adjusted. I know everything is floating around at the moment.

I'm trimming down the collar so the top of the chest plates and collar have the same width. And I need to bring in the chest plates to hit that sweet 1/2 inch between the diamond spot. Right now, the chest plate fangs are getting in the way of the ab plate. Will probably trim the fangs. I think I'll reshape the ab and shoulder bells a little bit (and bring the shoulder bells closer to the collar/back plate). I noticed I had the shoulder bells on opposite shoulders in the pictures but I fixed that after.

I forgot to velcro the shoulder trauma plates - so here's some pictures of it on the flak (but without the rest of the soft parts because I didn't want to get dressed again).

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2020, 12:40 PM by hazelspikes » Logged

hazelspikes

« Reply #35 on: Nov 11, 2020, 10:53 AM »
Been a minute since I started painting but it's a start. The back plate is also painted but it's in a box. I just forgot to take a pic of the knees lol.

My chest plates need to be reformed since I had top surgery. It'll be easier this go around since it'll be flat plates. Going to have to have someone tailor the flak vest too. An OM clan member will likely help me make new boot plates because they're kinda wonky and could be better. After all that, I'll paint what's not painting and clean up where the paint bled. Used yellow Frog Tape instead of green and the yellow wasn't as good at sealing.

Urala

• "I'm gonna make a mock-up first..."
« Reply #36 on: Nov 11, 2020, 07:53 PM »
This all looks so awesome and is coming together great! Thanks for writing such detailed processes and all documenting you are doing, it is super helpful! I'm definitely gonna be referring back to this thread when I get started with my plates.

hazelspikes

« Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2021, 05:56 PM »
And i'm back! Today was altering the vest. Everything is held on with duct tape and velcro that doesn't match where the plates are now. The local Russ suggested that I make fresh collar and ab plates. So I'll do that and will report back.

hazelspikes

« Reply #38 on: Aug 21, 2021, 07:58 PM »
Pre-Application Pictures

D'shon Lorra

• Simple weapons are never out of order.
« Reply #39 on: Aug 22, 2021, 05:07 PM »
Hurray for pre-app pic day! Go you! And I believe we have started with the same girth belt... those rings all look very familiar.  :like:

Looking forward to see what nitpicks you get back. There is always something!  :maul:

~☆~ Lorra

Still working the details...WIP Thread
-:- Cabur Akaata Member 218 -:- Clan Arqet -:-

Hayc besbe’trayce draar shuk’yc.

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Your resident crazy cat mando
« Reply #40 on: Aug 22, 2021, 08:39 PM »
Oh hey, I saw your pics on the clan pre-app thread! Looking good! :like: I like your layered shoulders and subtle helmet markings.

Arco's armor concept thread: Come help me plan things out!

WIPs: Soft parts

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!