Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Z-6 styled jetpack - temporary pause

• 12 Replies

Druj Jes

• Heavy Weapons,Heavy Assault,Hazardous Environment
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
Z-6 styled jetpack - temporary pause
« on: Jun 04, 2019, 11:09 AM »
This is briefly covered in my WIP, but I thought I would try to get more details on it here.

My jetpack is based using the WOF templates as well as 3d printed parts from Thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3073121
I started to try to print the body of the jetpack but after several failed attempts I decided to build that from PVC and Sintra. 
Here's the pictures:
3d printed rocket

3d printed thruster

Less than good printed body sections:

PVC and sintra build:

Is this data plate too earthy,  or is it acceptable to use on a jetpack?

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 01:22 PM by Druj Jes » Logged
Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105

Druj Jes

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
Re: Z-6 styled jetpack
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Looks great so far  :like:

Thanks vod. Your build reminded me that the body of the jetpack would be easy enough to make from sintra.  I'm working on getting the bulk of the build done by the end of the weekend.  I'd love to start to bondo up all the seams and see it in primer. I have a lot to do to get there, but that's the goal.

Okay I got more than I thought I would done.  I think it is mostly details at this point.

I need a  stabilizer,  bottom caps, and the vent cover on the bottom.  All will be 3d printed.  I'm not sure if I want to mess with the piano keys or not...

Edit 2
One cap printed, and the stabilizer is done.  Now on  to the vent.

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019, 10:46 AM by Druj Jes » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2019, 12:57 PM »
Is this data plate too earthy,  or is it acceptable to use on a jetpack?

Unfortunately that plate isn't approvable, as all the words are in English, rather than in, say, Aurubesh or Mando'a.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Druj Jes

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Unfortunately that plate isn't approvable, as all the words are in English, rather than in, say, Aurubesh or Mando'a.

That's why I asked before I glued it down.  Maybe I will put it on the inside of the access cover. Just for my amusement.

Finished all the parts listed above.  I found piano keys that I can print.  I'm just out of time to get them done today.  I think I'll add them after the bondo phase, so I have a little time

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019, 02:53 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2019, 06:54 PM »
That's why I asked before I glued it down.  Maybe I will put it on the inside of the access cover. Just for my amusement.

Awesome!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Druj Jes

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Piano keys and other details added.  I'm ready for bondo!

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2019, 08:02 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

TheTKO

Re: Z-6 styled jetpack - ready for bondo
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2019, 10:18 AM »
Gorgeous work!

Druj Jes

Re: Z-6 styled jetpack - ready for bondo
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Thank you.  I know that it's not 100% screen accurate,  but to any Star Wars fan I have a copy of Boba Fett's jetpack.  That's all I was shooting for. My kit is just going to be heavily Boba inspired, so I wanted it to be close.

Started to bondo it up.

Now it's really getting real.

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2019, 10:44 PM by Druj Jes » Logged

Druj Jes

Re: Z-6 styled jetpack - bondo continues
« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2019, 07:16 AM »
I haven't given up just well into bondo purgatory.  I can see glimmers of hope from time to time.

Havelock

Re: Z-6 styled jetpack - bondo purgatory
« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Coming along veeeeeery nicely!

Druj Jes

« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2019, 09:25 PM »
Pausing briefly, to focus on getting a wearable kit ready.  I will resume  ASAP, just need to get the rest of my kit troopable.

Druj Jes

Re: Z-6 styled jetpack - temporary pause
« Reply #12 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:23 AM »
After some serious progress on the rest of my kit, I will be shooting my pre-app pictures today. Pending the results of those,  I should be able to get this moving again soon and it will be a great first upgrade for my kit.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!