Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Voice changer

• 2 Replies

Kurz

Voice changer
« on: Jul 14, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Ok, so I bought this Velleman mk171 as a Voice changer. It was an easy build even though my soldering skills are pretty basic. First speaker I used was little low, so I ordered a new one trying to keep it as small as  I could. Now the volume is perfect, but I need to figure out how to mount it in my bucket. Thought about mounting it outside the helmet and cover it with a ton of greeblies or to mount it inside and drill a hole big as the speaker and disguise it. Thoughts?

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Asyer

• "If you're good at something, never do it for free
Re: Voice changer
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2019, 10:49 AM »
If you mount it inside your helmet, you have to remember that its more space taken up as well as more weight. Id recommend a bandaleer and put it in a pouch near your head. If you want to mount it to your helmet perhaps use slits to let the sound out. They dont have to be big, as long as there are plenty of them. Should work fine and be less noticeable.

Kurz

Re: Voice changer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2019, 02:05 PM »
And what about a 25 mm hole (the inside diameter of the speaker), a mesh and some greeblie that can look like a mic or some kind of rebreather or filter?

This is what I found with a quick look in my greeblies box. It's the right size and with couple more holes could work.

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2019, 02:24 PM by Kurz » Logged
OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!