Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo-Katan Brigade WIP

• 80 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
« Reply #45 on: Jan 30, 2020, 09:27 AM »
That's what I'm thinking. 

Just enough to tint it.  :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #46 on: Feb 12, 2020, 11:43 AM »
Minor update:
Fabric is ordered and hopefully will be here by the end of the week or early next week!

Also started on my new thigh plates! Hopefully I can make these work :laugh:

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #47 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:12 PM »
Look at you go!

I saw you also received a new helmet. Is that for Bo as well?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #48 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:19 PM »
I saw you also received a new helmet. Is that for Bo as well?

Yes! However that helmet will be for her season 7/Siege of Mandalore kit! There are a few differences that I can tell right now (helmet paint, thighs/strapping, and chest/collar plates) so once all my upgrades are done for s4/5 bo, Iíll be working on the new season!

Ideally Iíd like to be able to swap pieces out for each other to go from seasons 4/5 to season 7 (and back!) but I guess we shall see once the new season airs! :)

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2020, 02:45 PM by Kryamla Redalur » Logged
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2020, 12:58 AM »
So after the episodes aired, I realized I wouldnít be able to swap as many pieces as Iíd like between the two kits but thatís okay! Nothing wrong with more Bo!

And donít think Iíve forgotten this journey to brigades for S4/5! Iíve hit a speed bump with that fabric but Iíll get back to that eventually. In the meantime, I bought Kevin Weir/Imperial Surplusí updated chest/collar plates as well as a new, smaller back plate. Hereís a quick trim from the plastic! Iíll likely need to make the chest plates a bit narrower but everything else seems to fit pretty decent when I held it up to myself!

Iím bouncing between several projects right now but I hope to get to finishing and painting these pieces soon! (Which reminds me, I need to order some more paint lol).

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

mrfred

• a.k.a. - Lockguard Mack
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2020, 01:40 AM »
Looks good so far! You're getting acquainted with ABS pretty well now!
Yes, I noticed that Season 7 Bo has alot more leather works going on too!  ;D ;D ;D

MMCC OM# 1674 |Manda'galaar Clan
M.L.C.S. #23 / M.A.R.S #56 / New Death Watch Order #34 / M5 #078 / Grey Brigade #46
M.A.C.K. Daddy #34 / D.A.D.M #006 / M.A.D. #076 / Mando Wraps #001 / M.A. #177 / The Wrangalor Society #001
MrFred's MK I | DW Airborne Ver.A

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 06:44 PM »
Iím learning slowly about ABS! If anyone has any tips about gently heating abs, thatíd be great. I need to bend/shape a bit of the collar.

Hereís a side by side with new back plate and old. Theyíre about the same size so thatís good!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #52 on: Sep 15, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Hello there!

I havenít abandoned my hopes of brigade level with this kit but with everything going on in the world, motivation has been low and when I do have motivation, Iím bouncing between several projects, as mentioned previously lol.

Iíve made a tiny bit of progress with the new plates from Imperial Surplus.

Trimmed down the new collar plate and started painting but I had some major orange peel so I had to sand it down. Iíll try again soon. This shows the shape from the old one to the new.

Started trimming down the new chest pieces. They might be a little large still but Iíll try to get the collar and new chest pieces taped on me for size. (Also please pardon my cats feet and the other cats head lol)

I started painting the new back plate but havenít gotten very far and didnít seem to take any pictures of that.

Iím still looking for the perfect fabric for a new flightsuit for this version of Bo. I donít love that neoprene i bought but I havenít found a good spandex that I like yet. The hunt continues.

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #53 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Oh, hey stranger!

Cat feets are always welcome.

We're just about done with the BRL for this version of Bo then we're onto S7 of TCW before we get to Rebels.

That seam on the chest plates is one of the items we added for Brigade approval. Some other goodies too.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #54 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:41 PM »
Oh awesome! Looking forward to seeing the BRLs are for all 3 versions (as I am crazy and eventually want to do the rebels version of bo as well lol)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #55 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Lol you're lucky because this is the right place for crazy.

I'm thinking we'll have the BRL for Season 4 & 5 TCW Bo ready in a week or so. There is some language I want to check and have some peer review done as well.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #56 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:23 PM »
Okay! Iíd love some opinions on sizing here! (Disclaimer I mirrored the side shot of bo so we would both be facing the same direction)

Obviously there is weird spacing and floating since stuff is hastily taped on but Iíd like to know what you all think about the chest plates? Should I trim a bit more off of them? Do they look good size wise?

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Rayne

• Dralshyía Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Brigades 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #57 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:38 AM »
Once you have your flakvest and flightsuit on, thatíll add a tiny bit of bulk from layering, I think your sizing is good.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2020, 09:58 AM by Rayne » Logged
Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshyía Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application

Mi'ix

« Reply #58 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Sizing looks good to me!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #59 on: Sep 25, 2020, 10:00 PM »
Awesome to hear, thank you both!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!