Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo-Katan Brigade WIP

• 80 Replies

mrfred

• a.k.a. - Lockguard Mack
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
Re: Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2020, 01:40 AM »
Looks good so far! You're getting acquainted with ABS pretty well now!
Yes, I noticed that Season 7 Bo has alot more leather works going on too!  ;D ;D ;D

MMCC OM# 1674 |Manda'galaar Clan
M.L.C.S. #23 / M.A.R.S #56 / New Death Watch Order #34 / M5 #078 / Grey Brigade #46
M.A.C.K. Daddy #34 / D.A.D.M #006 / M.A.D. #076 / Mando Wraps #001 / M.A. #177 / The Wrangalor Society #001
MrFred's MK I | DW Airborne Ver.A

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 06:44 PM »
I’m learning slowly about ABS! If anyone has any tips about gently heating abs, that’d be great. I need to bend/shape a bit of the collar.

Here’s a side by side with new back plate and old. They’re about the same size so that’s good!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #52 on: Sep 15, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Hello there!

I haven’t abandoned my hopes of brigade level with this kit but with everything going on in the world, motivation has been low and when I do have motivation, I’m bouncing between several projects, as mentioned previously lol.

I’ve made a tiny bit of progress with the new plates from Imperial Surplus.

Trimmed down the new collar plate and started painting but I had some major orange peel so I had to sand it down. I’ll try again soon. This shows the shape from the old one to the new.

Started trimming down the new chest pieces. They might be a little large still but I’ll try to get the collar and new chest pieces taped on me for size. (Also please pardon my cats feet and the other cats head lol)

I started painting the new back plate but haven’t gotten very far and didn’t seem to take any pictures of that.

I’m still looking for the perfect fabric for a new flightsuit for this version of Bo. I don’t love that neoprene i bought but I haven’t found a good spandex that I like yet. The hunt continues.

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #53 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Oh, hey stranger!

Cat feets are always welcome.

We're just about done with the BRL for this version of Bo then we're onto S7 of TCW before we get to Rebels.

That seam on the chest plates is one of the items we added for Brigade approval. Some other goodies too.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #54 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:41 PM »
Oh awesome! Looking forward to seeing the BRLs are for all 3 versions (as I am crazy and eventually want to do the rebels version of bo as well lol)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #55 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Lol you're lucky because this is the right place for crazy.

I'm thinking we'll have the BRL for Season 4 & 5 TCW Bo ready in a week or so. There is some language I want to check and have some peer review done as well.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #56 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:23 PM »
Okay! I’d love some opinions on sizing here! (Disclaimer I mirrored the side shot of bo so we would both be facing the same direction)

Obviously there is weird spacing and floating since stuff is hastily taped on but I’d like to know what you all think about the chest plates? Should I trim a bit more off of them? Do they look good size wise?

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #57 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:38 AM »
Once you have your flakvest and flightsuit on, that’ll add a tiny bit of bulk from layering, I think your sizing is good.

« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2020, 09:58 AM by Rayne » Logged
Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #58 on: Sep 25, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Sizing looks good to me!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #59 on: Sep 25, 2020, 10:00 PM »
Awesome to hear, thank you both!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #60 on: Oct 03, 2020, 12:41 PM »
Not an exciting update but... Base layer of grey and top layers of blue are down. Going to give this at least 24 hours to fully cure before I go back in and sand down to the grey layer/dry brush some grey on.  Hoping to get to that this week since it’s supposed to cool down here in SoCal.

I’ve been working on the new chest plates - nothing much to show there since it’s just bondo and sanding the new return edge.

That’s all for now!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

mrfred

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #61 on: Oct 06, 2020, 01:42 AM »
Looks good to me!  :D :D :D

M.L.C.S. #23 / M.A.R.S #56 / New Death Watch Order #34 / M5 #078 / Grey Brigade #46
M.A.C.K. Daddy #34 / D.A.D.M #006 / M.A.D. #076 / Mando Wraps #001 / M.A. #177 / The Wrangalor Society #001

Mi'ix

« Reply #62 on: Oct 06, 2020, 08:30 AM »
Beautiful shape and color! 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #63 on: Oct 06, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Thank you both!

Another minor update: weathering is done on the collar! All that’s left is the black wash and attachment  :)

I started painting the new chest pieces yesterday but no pictures of that yet! Picking up speed on this!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #64 on: Oct 06, 2020, 01:09 PM »
 :cookie:  (Cookies are Mando popcorn.)

Rayne

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #65 on: Oct 07, 2020, 07:24 AM »
It looks great!  Nice job!

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #66 on: Oct 10, 2020, 12:46 AM »
Alright! Did a bit of a try on with the new plates (sorta?). I black washed the collar and attached it! I didn’t even have to move the Velcro :) then I held up my new chest plates, first with one of the old ones and then with both new ones. Thoughts? If the sizing still looks good, I’ll need to move the belly down a smidge I think. If y’all think that they look too large, I’ll cut some off and go from there! Please ignore my dumb faces lol, I was warm.

Also had a chance to gently place the back plate with everything. Looking at on me, I’m thinking it’s a teeny bit wide and teeny bit too long. Thoughts on this as well would be great! The jetpack will lower and bring it a tad closer to my body, as something keep in mind :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

mrfred

« Reply #67 on: Oct 10, 2020, 12:58 AM »
Chest plates look a little big...maybe size it down to the size of your old ones?
Backplate looks a little big too...size  it down as your previous one too.  :D :D :D

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #68 on: Oct 10, 2020, 01:55 AM »
I agree on the back plate on sizing it down a tad (I’ll get to work on that this weekend more than likely) but I’m not sure about sizing down the chest plates to my current ones. I think my current ones are a tad small, and the new ones are a tad large? But Bo’s chest plates are awkwardly wide so I’m torn haha

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

mrfred

« Reply #69 on: Oct 10, 2020, 02:05 AM »
Well, all of the animated DW characters, including Bo, are tall, slim and thin body types...something that we are not... :D :D :D
With that being said, just make sure the armor be sized to the proportion of your body type, with the adequate spacing between all the other pieces, so that your body suit is also seen under and between the armor pieces.  ;D ;D ;D

Rayne

« Reply #70 on: Oct 11, 2020, 02:22 PM »
To give yourself a little room for spacing and with the ab, it might good to shave just a little off the top of the chest plate. Not a lot, maybe 1/4 inch or so. 

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Mi'ix

« Reply #71 on: Oct 11, 2020, 02:25 PM »
I agree. Back plate looks a little large.

I think Rayne has a good suggestion about trimming the chest plate just a tad.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #72 on: Oct 11, 2020, 02:56 PM »
Okay, I’ll trim a bit off the bottom and the edges for the back plate and go from there.

Should I trim 1/4inch all the way around the chest plates (top and sides mostly)? Or just off the top?

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Rayne

« Reply #73 on: Oct 11, 2020, 03:03 PM »
You should be ok with trimming just the top unless they’re jabbing into your side or arm.

Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #74 on: Oct 11, 2020, 05:03 PM »
No jabbing thankfully :) I’ll get to work on these changes. Thanks! :porg1:

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!