Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chrono Mando Armor WIP

• 7 Replies
Chrono Mando Armor WIP
« on: Jul 31, 2019, 10:51 PM »
The construction is finally on it’s way!  :like:

I got a head start when going to a MandoMerc panel at PortCon hosted by the Wampa Clan.

The front upper body has been fitted to me, now it’s time to find a WOF Jango size template that’ll work for the current set.
I’m 6’0” and very slim, what general sized template should I use?

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Chrono Mando Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2019, 10:04 AM »
It is a good start. the shoulder pads if they look very large you should cut a little because they reach you in the middle of the forearm.
I'm thin too and maybe some advice I can give you. The vest make it a little thicker or put pads to compensate for how thin we can be.
because the idea is that the plates fit the vest.
It turns out to me. Sure today I gained a bit of weight LOL
Check this

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Some more pieces cut out and some basic sanding.

Going the try to match the collar and back piece then heat them up.
Knees are being cut out currently and gauntlets, and helmet is being saved for last.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2019, 12:51 AM »
Ahh!
I'm getting excited, most of the armor is done.  ;D

- Most of the armor piece are currently being sanded and getting ready for primer/paint.
- Some piece like the knees and codpiece have some piece that have not been added yet or specifically for the cod might not add.
- The back piece needs some touch-ups as some material needs to cut off to match the collar more.

Found out I'll 3D print the helmet but still at a conundrum on the gauntlets. 

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2019, 11:24 AM »
It's looking great

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Gave the upper armor a test of the Krylon spray paint I got to see how well it would match my design.

It looks paler or not saturated enough compared to the design I might need a different color or maybe a second coat. But I’m leaning towards another color.
Though I’m not sure just painting over the previous one will do anything, haven’t really painted on sintra before.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Got two more different colors to see which matched more..

Now this matches a lot more  :D

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2019, 06:35 PM »
The painting progresses is going decently.

Applying as much masking tape to get the most accurate shape I can to the reference..

Good enough  :like:

Could be more clean and less sharp but that can modified later.

Definitely had a hiccup here  :'(
I guess I got too close with the spray paint and it got bubbly, it got most of the bubble when peeling off the masking tape. Most likely gonna start over with this one.

But overall the rest is great, I need a design for the backplate, and have a trim to add but doing good!  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!