Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP New Jango here.( geonosis build )

• 34 Replies

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
New Jango here.( geonosis build )
« on: Aug 03, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Hello everyone,
I’ve been working off and on with my jango geonosis build. Just tried on some pieces for the first time last night to check adjustments. Here is my first look. My shins are done as well, just need to make some cut outs in jumpsuit for the straps. Also, waiting on jet pack to finish backplate. What do you all think so far?

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2020, 03:48 PM by Noevex Torust » Logged

- “Be not afraid of any man that walks beneath the skies. Though big he be or small you be, for I will equalize”.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: New Jango here.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how'd you come by your ammo belt and holsters?

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2019, 12:13 AM »
I made them myself. Got the leather at Hobby Lobby. Never worked with leather before until now. Only thing I did was buy the leather rope around my waist and added it to some leather backing. I’ll send some pics of the leather work I did

- “Be not afraid of any man that walks beneath the skies. Though big he be or small you be, for I will equalize”.

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2019, 12:19 AM »

« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2019, 12:25 AM by Noevex Torust » Logged

Jennari

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2019, 09:49 PM »
Nice! And thanks. I've never done leather work and am a tad anxious about doing some. I've got a Jango build in the works as well, and the holsters and ammo belt are proving to be the hardest things to cover, as well as the gauntlets.

Sea_Marshall

• Consider it done
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2019, 12:52 AM »
Dang! You make Jango look GOOD. I haven't studied up on the Jango reqs, but you're looking great as is. Looking forward to the application!

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2019, 09:09 AM »
That turned out really great, Noevex!

Where did you get your flightsuit from?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2019, 03:29 PM »
Thanks everyone. Mi’ix, I got my flightsuit from Arkady on The Dented Helmet forum. Just gave them my measurements and they worked their magic.
Jennari I got my gauntlets unfinished from Cruzer also on The Dented Helmet. He does outstanding gel coated fiberglass work.(which my whole armor is made of) He also can make the holsters and other leather items for jango. Buy a roll of leather and try some stuff. That’s what I did. It’s amazing how you can modify it after it’s soaked in water. My hardest item to get right now is my jet pack(NME props is just behind right now) Everything is completely done except that. I will send some more photos of what I have done. Also, adjustments have been made, backplate is now rub-buffed!

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2019, 10:01 PM by Noevex Torust » Logged

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2019, 09:56 PM »

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Added more weathering to everything and cut the holes out in flak vest for harness!

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2019, 09:55 AM »
This is looking REALLY good. jango's weathering is pretty subtle but he's fairly dirty, so I think you're doing an awesome job with it :)

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Thank You!  :jango:

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2019, 10:45 PM »
Everything is done with my Jango except still waiting on jet pack. Last test fit with backplate.

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:26 PM »
More updates: Jet pack finished and installed

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:46 PM »
Superb job on that Jetpack!

What else is left?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:59 PM »
Absolutely stunning job.  :like: :like: :like:

Jennari

« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2020, 08:35 AM »
What brand and color dark blue did you use?

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:30 AM »
Just a little alteration on my jumpsuit legs and butt area and that’s it. I would do it, but I can see me now screwing that up quickly haha! So going to call a local place here that some local people recommend to get that done.

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2020, 01:48 PM »
What brand and color dark blue did you use?

Jennari, went to Lowes here, tried finding the closest colors I could on a picture and went with it. But these are the colors I went with

Just set him up fully on mannequin to see how he looks finished. Mannequin is a few inches taller than me.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2020, 01:53 PM by Noevex Torust » Logged

Jennari

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Nice! I got a mannequin for mine, too. And thanks for the info. The color that's most recommended by Jango experts doesn't seem to be available.

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2020, 07:50 PM »
This is the picture I went by

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #21 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:28 AM »
Absolutely great build from beginning to end. Noevex you are doing an amazing job and that thing is gorgeous in person! Can’t wait to see that kit approved!

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Got jumpsuit back and had a couple pics done with pack on at armor party to see what tweaks need fixed. I know of a couple right off the bat. But if ya see any let me know.

« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2020, 11:26 AM by Noevex Torust » Logged

Mi'ix

« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2020, 09:34 AM »
This is looking really awesome. 

I commend you on really getting into the nitty gritty of such a detailed build.

Hard to tell from your WIP, but it looks like your helmet has the required dent for Geonosis Jango?  I think I see it in your unpainted Jango Helmet pic.

I might trim the length of your gauntlet hoses until they don't poof out the double sleeve of your flightsuit so much. 

Beat up those belt pouches just a bit with some weathering as they look a little new.

I'm seeing some baggyness in the arms and seat of your flightsuit.  As well as the suit being a little too blue.  That Jango "Blurple" is a tough one to nail. 

Your vest is poking out from underneath your waist items.  Make sure that gets pulled up so we can't see the bottom of the vest. 

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2020, 09:55 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Thanks Miix!

Some of the things that you have mentioned I have noticed also.
Yes, I do have the dent on the helmet.
I will be taking my flightsuit back to look at the arms.
I did take it to get the backend and legs worked on already. Makes it hard when you don’t have an -censored- .
I will also try and fix the color. That will be the hardest thing to achieve lol.
The hoses have been verified by Donald when I put the whole suit on during armor party.
Here are some photos.
Thank you for looking at it for me!
Before

After

Removing this much of hose

Dent

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!