Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Voice modulator help

• 4 Replies
Voice modulator help
« on: Aug 04, 2019, 02:51 AM »
Hey there, I'm working on my first mando build, but I hit I wall. I'd like to implement some kind of voice modulator to have some kind of stormtrooper-esque voice. However, I'm not very great at building things and I'm not sure where I could buy reliable voice modulator. Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks!

Kurz

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Voice modulator help
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2019, 03:37 PM »
You can find on amazon or ebay a Velleman kit called mk171. It has all the components to build a Voice changer except for the speaker. It is about 15/20$, requires very basic soldering skill and comes with detailed instructions. You have few buttons to modify your voice, including altering the pitch.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2019, 08:43 AM »
I see a lot of people mentioning Trooper Amp.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2019, 12:17 PM »
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Honestly, just a regular voice amp (most prefer Aker brand) without any modulation is gonna sound like a stormtrooper. Adding distortion is just gonna make you have to repeat everything 5 or 6 times and become frustrating real fast.

It's kinda upsetting to spend 3 years building armor and to have someone at every event say "oh, you even do the voice, that's the best part" when that was a simple $30 thing from eBay that required no work at all.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
   - Destro

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!