Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Need your help.

• 3 Replies

Asyer

• "If you're good at something, never do it for free
Need your help.
« on: Aug 10, 2019, 01:37 AM »
I'm getting ready to start on my gauntlets and know that i want to have the shield and blade pictured below. They will be motorized. Do you think 6mm sintra will hold up to the weight or should i use something a bit more heavy duty. If not sintra, what would you recommend?

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Need your help.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Hi Vod
Incredible I'll be watching to see how your shield looks.
 :like:

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:54 AM »
I think 6mm would be fine. I would also use some kind of mechanical fastener (like Chicago screws) with either epoxie sculpt or good old super glue and bondo.
How are you stopping the “wings” from going too far?
My first thought was some kind of slot and pin system.

Asyer

• "If you're good at something, never do it for free
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2019, 01:57 AM »
There will be a cover for the blade and shield. Shield will stop when it opens fully. There will be a pin and slot like what already on it.
If 6mm will be fine then I  should be able to start soon. I wanted to be sure 6mm would hold up to the weight and movement of the parts.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!