Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando idea

• 8 Replies
Mando idea
« on: Aug 16, 2019, 02:48 AM »
I've been playing a Mando in a RP for some time and I was thinking of turning that idea into a costume.
Here are the character sketches I made so far. I'm hoping this will be good enough to get an OM status when I make it, though it will probably take some time before I get there.

At the moment, my character doesn't have a jetpack but jetboots. This can ofcourse be changed, if needed.

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Mando idea
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2019, 07:00 AM »
The sketch work is beautiful.   I don't see anything that does not conform to a Modern Era kit.  Jet boots are perfectly acceptable. 

I'm interested to watch this build cone together.   :like:

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2019, 11:48 AM »
I really like the color scheme

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Wolfin Sylvermane

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2019, 10:16 AM »
Second looks on a bigger screen means I only have one question..  Is that a cod plate or just part of the flightsuit?  You will need a cod plate or loin cloth to match CRL's.

Cod piece or loin cloth is required. Either may be counted as ONE piece of armor below the waist. Soft cod armor may also be used as well as hard cod armor and loin cloths.  However soft cod armor must look “in universe” and be of high quality.  Examples would include Darth Vader and Biker Scout style soft armor.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2019, 10:48 AM »
The design doesn't have a cod, as I took the idea of the Clan Wren outfits and it wasn't really clear if they used one or not, but if it's needed I can add one too it that's no problem

Wolfin Sylvermane

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2019, 11:56 AM »
We love Rebels, but they did throw a very big wrench into things by removing the cods from almost everyone.   Pilots are the only custom kits, I know of, that are not required to have a cod or loin cloth, but they have a bunch of other requirements. 

« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2019, 11:58 AM »
No problem, thanks for letting me know  :like:

I do have one question though. For the shin guards, do they go all around or only the front. I saw someone else making a similar build and she used only the front side. While if I look at the concept art for the Wren armours it more looks like it's all around

Wolfin Sylvermane

« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2019, 02:14 PM »
Your personal choice.  Both are approvable.   Bo Katan only cover the front but Rebel Pilots wrap all the way around. 

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Cool, thanks  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!