Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

(Approved) Road to OM! A Legacy WIP *Pic Heavy*

• 90 Replies

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Road to OM!!! A Legacy WIP *Pic Heavy*
« Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2020, 07:14 PM »
Everything looks awesome :D. The only thing I think it could use is a little more in the way of blaster damage; you're a heavily armored tank, chances are they'd get in a shot or two before you closed to slashing range ^_^

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #51 on: Aug 26, 2020, 05:42 AM »
Everything looks awesome :D. The only thing I think it could use is a little more in the way of blaster damage; you're a heavily armored tank, chances are they'd get in a shot or two before you closed to slashing range ^_^

Thanks so much!  And yeah I thought about that, but I didn't want to go super heavy on the damage for this kit.  And I hide really well ;-)

UPDATE!

Greetings vod,

Small update this week :-)

So I put down the first coat of paint and masked everything off for the other color. :-)
I think its going to turn out awesome.  (I hope lol)

I also worked on my bes'bev but I heard I wont be able to use it for my kit due to it being metal. Its okay though, ill make one out of pvc or something.

Thats all for this week :-) thanks for checking it out

-Josh

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #52 on: Aug 26, 2020, 10:16 AM »
Love this paint progress! I will say, that first photo looks like you put a trash bag over a small child and then the helmet to paint. Took me a double-take to realize what was up  :laugh:

« Reply #53 on: Sep 03, 2020, 10:43 PM »
Love this paint progress! I will say, that first photo looks like you put a trash bag over a small child and then the helmet to paint. Took me a double-take to realize what was up  :laugh:

Thanks!

Lmao yeah I didn't even notice. It is a half manaquinn though lol so makes sense why it looked like that.

« Reply #54 on: Sep 18, 2020, 01:25 AM »
Greetings vode!

Sorry its been so long since I've done an update. I've been busy packing and getting ready to move. Also have been a little lazy lol.

I've painted my brown coat on everything and taken off the tape. I think everything looks pretty good. Hope you all enjoy!

So this is where I'm at now. Like I said, I've been busy and lazy lol. Still have to dirty everything up and weather everything. I'm getting closer for sure!
I'm honestly not sure if I'll be posting again for a while. I'll be moving at the end of October and I'm not sure I want to keep breaking out my craft stuff since im getting close to having everything packed up.
But once I'm moved I should be good to keep going on my kit :-)

Thanks for viewing!

-Josh

« Reply #55 on: Oct 29, 2020, 03:15 AM »
Wow! Great work on this WIP. I sure can appreciate the updates spread over... like 2 years? Really cool to see you kept at it. I've been working on a Legacy Kit since Feb'20 and felt I was taking too long... glad to know other people don't finish things in a month, haha!

Good luck with the move. I look forward to seeing this completed :)

Oyay - Chiss Roots/Life
Naast - Destroyed/Destroyer
'ich -  Chiss Roots/pre-foundling Surname

CURRENT WIP:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=191157.msg2131358#msg2131358
BACKSTORY:
https://pdfhost.io/v/WASWmB2Ta_A_Mandalorian_Chronicle.pdf
« Reply #56 on: Nov 10, 2020, 02:18 PM »
Wow! Great work on this WIP. I sure can appreciate the updates spread over... like 2 years? Really cool to see you kept at it. I've been working on a Legacy Kit since Feb'20 and felt I was taking too long... glad to know other people don't finish things in a month, haha!

Good luck with the move. I look forward to seeing this completed :)

Thanks so very much for the kind words! Yeah I learned that I shouldn't rush things for sure because then I wouldn't be happy with it. Also life happens to only give me so much time to work on stuff. :-)
I went and checked out your thread and I think everything is looking great!

The move went well and am slowly getting everything organized. Its going to take a bit for me to get the crafting area available to keep working on my kit. Probably after the holidays to be honest.

So stay tuned everyone! Come January I should have some updates!

Thanks for viewing!

-Josh

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #57 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:31 PM »
Great progress on the painting. I strongly agree, you don't want to rush. Make sure you're making something you're going to be happy with. Looking good so far vod  :like:

« Reply #58 on: Nov 23, 2020, 03:38 PM »
Great progress on the painting. I strongly agree, you don't want to rush. Make sure you're making something you're going to be happy with. Looking good so far vod  :like:

Thanks so much! Yeah its a labor of love. Lol
:-)

« Reply #59 on: Apr 27, 2021, 08:46 PM »
Greetings Vode!
I am still here, just been busy with life. I'm currently trying to get my craft space cleaned up so I can resume work on my build. Just wanted to update :-)

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2021, 10:28 AM »
Update time! Well small one but still.

So I finally got around to working on some stuff again. I painted the Chicago screws for my guantlets this weekend.

Sorry pics are sideways, I'm out of practice and forgot which way to have my phone sitting for proper pics lol.

Next steps are going to be weathering for everything.

I also have to install a visor, make a weapon belt or just a second belt, finish a weapon and holsters for them, and then I should be close to being ready for pre app pics.

I'm finally starting to get a grasp on my schedule to start working on my stuff again. I'm gonna get OM this year damnit!

Thanks for viewing :-)

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2021, 10:33 AM »
Small update this week! Was going to do some painting but got a little busy. Instead I put the armor together and took some pics pre weathering. Also realized this is the first time I've put the armor together after painting it the main colors. It looks great!
Okay on to pics! (Minus the guantlets because I shared those last week.)

Okay so next steps will be weathering all the pieces. Going to try and get that done this week and have an update for you guys next Monday:-)

Have a great day!

Thanks for viewing

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2021, 11:14 PM »
Greetings Vode!

Weekly update time!
So this week I weathered my armor. Lots of pics to follow. If you guys think I'm posting to many pics and would rather just have finished shots let me know :-).

So first up is the silver layer.

Now all those but with the black wash as well. :-) my bright light doesn't show how dark it looks to me. Sorry about that.

Thats all for this week. Now to weather the soft parts to match. Anyone have some tips on weathering black??

Thanks for viewing!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:17 PM by Mstruvmgc » Logged
« Reply #63 on: Jun 14, 2021, 06:51 PM »
Greetongs Vode!
Another update for you!

So didn't do much this past week. Got visor installed in helmet and then realized I never took any pics suited up after painting. So tooks some pics to see where I was at :-) (dont mind the mess lol.)

On to what ya really want, the pics!

Also took some with my long knives

Thats all for this week. I'm super happy with how everything is looking! Hope you guys are too. Still have some more stuff to do, but I'm closer to getting ready for pre app than I thought. I'll try and get it approved this year!

Thanks for viewing! And as always comments are welcome.

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #64 on: Jun 24, 2021, 07:44 PM »
You are really getting close now! Awesome job. You have this wonderful light weathering going on with the armor and you want to make sure the soft parts match it. To do that, I highly recommend lightly scuffing the kama, vest and boots with some sand paper to make them look a bit worn in. Fantastic job vod!

« Reply #66 on: Jun 26, 2021, 07:39 PM »
You are really getting close now! Awesome job. You have this wonderful light weathering going on with the armor and you want to make sure the soft parts match it. To do that, I highly recommend lightly scuffing the kama, vest and boots with some sand paper to make them look a bit worn in. Fantastic job vod!

Thanks so much!
Funny thing is I feel it's a lot darker weathering in person lol. But thanks for the tips! I'll give that a shot for sure! I've been busy the last week with stuff so havnt worked on anything.

Looking good and really like the paint scheme .... great job

Thanks so much! Glad you like it! :-)

« Reply #67 on: Aug 09, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Greetings Vode!

Sorry its been a bit since I've last posted. School and work have kept me super busy.

I built a belt to go over my girth belt for my 2nd waist item and thought I'd share :-).
I also adjusted the girth belt by making it a little less wide (forgot to take pics)

New belt!:

And today I dyed it :-)

Dyed belt:

Thats all for now unfortunately. I'm getting closer!
Thanks for viewing!

-Josh

« Reply #68 on: Aug 14, 2021, 01:34 PM »
Just a small update for now. Added weathering around the blaster marks 9n my armor :-)

« Reply #69 on: Jan 10, 2022, 01:27 PM »
Your super close my man! Haven't seen an update in a bit. I know your work/school schedule has kept you quite busy. Have you had a chance to meet up with Gurreck clan any? Really want to see you finish this build this year.

New belt and weathering of your hard parts look amazing. Think you should work on weathering your soft parts and look into getting some pre-app photos submitted. I feel like your right there my man! Can't wait to see the progress. Good luck!

MMCC #UM | Sarlacc Clan (Nevada, USA)
Cabur Akaata #185 | Wrangalorian #13
Vode Be Vhekad #11
Ra'z Kortu's WIP
Stampede Nerf WIP
« Reply #70 on: Jan 26, 2022, 07:31 PM »
Your super close my man! Haven't seen an update in a bit. I know your work/school schedule has kept you quite busy. Have you had a chance to meet up with Gurreck clan any? Really want to see you finish this build this year.

New belt and weathering of your hard parts look amazing. Think you should work on weathering your soft parts and look into getting some pre-app photos submitted. I feel like your right there my man! Can't wait to see the progress. Good luck!

Thanks brother! Yeah I've been itching to work on my build for sure. Craft room is almost to a state where I can get to my stuff lol. So far Gurreck has had only one meet up where I got to meet a few members. Was cool.

Yeah I want to get this build done and finally get approved. Thanks bro!

« Reply #71 on: Feb 15, 2022, 09:44 AM »
Greetings Vode! Small update today. Decided to change my flight suit to tan scrubs. I felt it fit better with the armor colors. Did some black wash to it then decided to try on most of my soft parts.
Pics:

And I can sit in them lol...without armor anyways.

I know not much of an update....sorry Vode. But next steps are to weather the flak vest, belt, boots (not shown), buckles, finish a weapon, and try everything on to see what else I need.

Thanks for viewing!

« Reply #72 on: Feb 15, 2022, 10:08 AM »
All updates are good updates! I agree with the color change but I might be bias. Got a link for these? Also do they make these in long sleeves? I'm still debating changing out my one piece to a two piece. I also need to figure out how I want to do the double sleeves. Might two tone my sleeves since its allowed.

MMCC #UM | Sarlacc Clan (Nevada, USA)
Cabur Akaata #185 | Wrangalorian #13
Vode Be Vhekad #11
Ra'z Kortu's WIP
Stampede Nerf WIP

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #73 on: Feb 15, 2022, 01:17 PM »
Looks like you're gonna need some tailoring done to the pants as well, they are a might baggy on you.  Also, you need to have full length sleeves for the kit, so be aware of that.  Thus far though, always great to see the progress photos step by step - that really helps inform the app team of your progress and journey to getting approved.  Here's hoping that comes soon for you vod!

From the Modern/Legacy CRLs:

Flight Suit:
Flight suit must fit snugly to the wearer.
One or two piece flight suit designs are acceptable.
If using two separate pieces, they must give the illusion of a one piece flight suit by using the same color and material for each piece.
With double sleeved flight suits, contrast of color is acceptable on the arms if the shorter sleeves match the color of the flight suit.
Short-sleeved flight suits are allowed so long as sleeve is no shorter than mid-bicep.
Accents such as bloodstripes and elbow reinforcements are permitted so long as they are sewn on in a quality manner and maintain the appearance of being one piece.
If the flight suit collar does not fully cover the neck, a neck seal will be required. Neck seals can be separate pieces or built into the flight suit or vest. (We should not be able to see any visible skin showing between the flight suit and helmet from any angle.)
Zipper tabs must be hidden from view.
Gloves must not be attached to flight suit.
External pockets on the seat of the pants must be removed. Internal slit pockets on the hips and slit pockets on the seat of the pants must be hidden, sewn shut, or fully closed so that they don’t fall open.
The flight suit must be a solid color. No printed fabric may be used as part of a flight suit. Fabrics with woven patterns or that are embossed are acceptable and judged on a case by case basis.
Flight suit can have panels of different colors as long as it still appears to be one piece.
Flight suit sleeves must not protrude from the end of the gauntlets.

His sleeves meet these requirements.

AboveAverageGeek

• They/Them
« Reply #74 on: Feb 15, 2022, 03:40 PM »
I've been following for a bit but I figured I'd add a post so I get updates. Your progress is so inspiring, especially with all the work/school frustrations, I definitely commiserate. Also, I normally can't stand the look of girth belts, but I really like the way yours is done, it's awesome and super unique in the best possible way.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!