Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pyro’s Pilot WIP

• 12 Replies

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Pyro’s Pilot WIP
« on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:08 PM »
Guys I’m back and with a new project! This one is a special one tho. At the beginning of this year I lost my great uncle to a car crash, so I’ve decided to do this kit in honor of him. He loved planes and was a field engineer for the US Air Force. My Mando’s name Is Kazden Ambrose or Kaz for short. Ambrose was my uncles middle name and it fits so well!

Please scroll down for pics

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2019, 07:57 PM by Pyro » Logged

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

MMcFett

• Wayii!
Re: Pyro’s Pilot WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2019, 10:18 AM »
This is a cool looking concept! I will be watching this thread with great interest :)

...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2019, 11:51 AM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.
_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ____________________
I really like your progress
keep going

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2019, 11:58 AM by osukaru » Logged

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2019, 06:53 PM »
I'm doing Galaxy plates too, just a bit modified in terms of the chest diamond. I personally would offset the chest box, it might be in the way if your plates need to shift as you move, but that's just my thinking

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2019, 07:47 PM »
I'm doing Galaxy plates too, just a bit modified in terms of the chest diamond. I personally would offset the chest box, it might be in the way if your plates need to shift as you move, but that's just my thinking

I’ve been wanting to do these plates for a long time!

As for the chest box, it’ll either have a harness system or will be attached the the Ab plate. I haven’t decided on how I want to do it yet.

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:37 PM »
I’ve been wanting to do these plates for a long time!

As for the chest box, it’ll either have a harness system or will be attached the the Ab plate. I haven’t decided on how I want to do it yet.

You can never go wrong with galaxies. Unless they're too small, or too big, but otherwise it's an awesome plate setup you just dont see very often. I'm currently bum rushing my kit together for dragon con. Even if I have bare metal plates and no weathering, I WILL walk my mando, this i swear.

As for the chest box, a harness is definitely an option instead of hard mounting it. If i remember right most Vader outfits use velcro and a harness for the look, but I could easily be mistaken in that department.

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2019, 03:30 PM »
As for the chest box, a harness is definitely an option instead of hard mounting it. If i remember right most Vader outfits use velcro and a harness for the look, but I could easily be mistaken in that department.

Depends. Many Vaders will have leather straps so they'll have buckles instead of Velcro. If you're an Episode III Vader, then it's Velcro all the way as he doesn't have the harness in that one.

To the OP, great stuff so far! I'm also working on a pilot, inspired by First Order Tie pilots (3 smaller boxes instead of 1 chest box).

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2019, 03:37 AM »
Ok now that the Helmet is acceptable for Modern I'm going back to my old plans!
here is the helmet I'm wanting to use

and this will be my blaster pistol im going to get

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2019, 07:56 PM by Pyro » Logged

MMcFett

• Wayii!
Re: Pyro’s Late Crusader Pilot WIP
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2019, 02:16 PM »
That is an awesome blaster! I have almost the exact same one. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130661.msg2020573#msg2020573
I like that helmet too. Really cool looking.

...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2019, 03:56 PM »
That is an awesome blaster! I have almost the exact same one. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130661.msg2020573#msg2020573
I like that helmet too. Really cool looking.

yup I saw your blaster it looks awesome

The helmet is going to look amazing with this kit once i flesh out all my ideas. I know I'm going to try and make the armor out of metal if possible. I will be using references from both the comics and SWTOR. I think my main color is still going to be matte black with gold accents (its a darker almost bronze  gold)

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2019, 05:33 PM »
yup I saw your blaster it looks awesome
Thank you! :)

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2020, 07:33 PM »
So with the release of Squadrons, I've been inspired to bring this back to life!

Here is the helmet that I am going to be using for this build!

Basic concept for the chest box

Here is my harness that I ordered

The belt

An I am thinking of this chest rig and adding armor to it. Its the same one used on the Del Meeko kit from the Battlefront 2 campaign
(This is the pic from the 501st CRL)

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2020, 10:57 PM by Pyro » Logged

Biodelta

• working to be great
« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2020, 07:15 AM »
love the bucket keep it up

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!