Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango Fett (Geonosis) WIP

• 78 Replies

Noevex Torust

• Awards Boba and Jango
Re: Jango Fett (Geonosis) WIP
« Reply #45 on: Aug 07, 2021, 12:14 AM »
Awesome work!

- “Be not afraid of any man that walks beneath the skies. Though big he be or small you be, for I will equalize”.

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
« Reply #46 on: Sep 20, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Unfortunately, not much to show, but at least I've finally got the chest plates shaped. We decided not to do anything else to them now in case they need adjustments.

So, just to list what still needs to be done:

- Boot and chest plates need to be sanded, primed, and rub'n'buffed
- Waiting on my new helmet
- ALL the armor needs to be weathered and attached to the soft parts
- Flight suit needs a bit of color adjustment and button holes added to the legs
- Flak vest needs slits for jetpack straps to feed through, as well as fixed shoulder flaps
- Boots need snaps and weathering
- Knee armor needs the darts secured in place
- Gauntlets need to be hinged and have greeblies and weapons added
- Jetpack needs vent re-attached

All in all, I'm feeling a lot better about getting this done in time. Not as much left to do or worry about as I thought.

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Brigades 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #47 on: Sep 20, 2021, 05:57 PM »
Looks like you’re on the right track. The chest sizing looks good. Don’t forget the two rectangle parts on the left chest plate and the rounded edges and you should be good!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Brigade Application

Jennari

« Reply #48 on: Sep 20, 2021, 07:18 PM »
I know. Believe me. Like I said, we didn't do anything more since these might require adjustments. Thanks for the feedback!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #49 on: Sep 20, 2021, 08:49 PM »
My Canon kit knowledge is very limited, but these look good so far.  Looking forward to seeing more.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jennari

« Reply #50 on: Oct 06, 2021, 09:12 PM »
Minor progress:

So the only plates that still need some serious TLC are the chest plates. Everything else is ready for weathering.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #51 on: Oct 06, 2021, 10:02 PM »
Sweet.
Really looking forward to seeing the next update!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jennari

« Reply #52 on: Oct 06, 2021, 11:20 PM »
Thanks, Strak!  :like:

Jennari

« Reply #53 on: Feb 04, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Minor progress.

Gauntlet hinges are secured on.

And have the snaps on my boots and plates. (Yes, the plates might need to be secured more so none of the gray area shows)

Helmet's been sanded and primed.

Button holes have been added to the flight suit.

All that's left to do:

- (Possibly) re-shape the chest armor; then sanding, priming, and rub'n'buffing
- Weather everything
- Add greeblies and gauntlet extensions where needed
- Paint/Rub'n'buff the helmet
- Attach the armor to the soft parts
- Make a few minor repairs

Getting closer!!!

(Mi'ix, if you could please PM me, I'd appreciate it; I know you're busy, I just need an answer or two) (Sorry to disturb you; and thank you)

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2022, 12:31 AM by Jennari » Logged

Straka Zulu

« Reply #54 on: Feb 04, 2022, 12:48 PM »
MOAR PROGRESS!!!

Good to see you’re still working on this, Jen’ika.  And I can’t wait to see it finished!

Jennari

« Reply #55 on: Feb 04, 2022, 05:56 PM »
I'm always working on it, Strak. Even when there aren't any updates for ages.  ;)

And thanks, ner vod.  :<3:

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #56 on: Feb 04, 2022, 06:51 PM »
those boots and plates are awesome.... just amazing.  :like:

Jennari

« Reply #57 on: Feb 07, 2022, 12:37 AM »
And now I've got all the leg plates strapped on. (Excuse the lack of my right shin plate; it needed some repairs) Might need some adjustment and more snaps to make sure they sit correctly, but otherwise good.

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #58 on: Feb 12, 2022, 12:47 AM »
Hey Jennari

First off, I'm impressed with your attention to  detail leaving the gauntlet hinges brass. A lot of people overlook that. Your Flightsuit came out the perfect color. Again, not easy. Just a few points.

Biggest being your thigh plates look purportionately small on you compared to the seemingly larger purportionate ones on Jango. The ankles of your pants seem to also flare out way past the shin plates. A little is fine but that is quite a bit.

The Flightsuit pants of the original costume are weird compared to the rest because everything else is looser while the ankles and thighs are more snug.

I'm going to be following along and providing insight when and where I can!

Jennari

« Reply #59 on: Feb 12, 2022, 12:52 AM »
Thanks, Joey. And I don't deserve credit for the gauntlet hinges. It's a Cruzer kit.

The problem is that the thighs were originally deemed too large, so they were trimmed down. But making another set is cake compared to the other plates. If you could just help me figure out how much bigger they need to be, I'd appreciate it.

I don't know why the pant legs are flaring out. This is a Bobamaker flight suit made to my measurements, and I've actually gained weight since purchasing it. I'm not good at sewing, but any tips on fixing them are appreciated.

And is everything else good?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!