Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango Fett (Geonosis) WIP

• 79 Replies

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was."
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: Jango Fett (Geonosis) WIP
« Reply #75 on: Apr 13, 2022, 08:17 PM »
Ori'kad did the paint work, and still has the helmet. He took the pics.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #76 on: Apr 14, 2022, 01:56 PM »
In a discussion last night while I was at work, we determined that the stripes are correctly placed relative to the turn signals, BUT the turn signals were about 4-5mm too high.  After I got home from work I did a bit of sanding, bondoing, and cutting to get the turn signals in the right place.  Now that I'm awake again, I can finish the bondo work. touch up the rub n buff, and replace the stripes.  Good thing I used car pin-striping tape instead of paint.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #77 on: Apr 14, 2022, 02:10 PM »
Thanks OriKad.

Let's see some pictures when you finish up.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #78 on: Apr 15, 2022, 12:57 PM »
See, now, that's my usual problem.  I forget to take pictures. :)

I do have this one though:

Yes, it has already been noted that the stripes are on the thick side.  As they're automotive pinstriping tape (4mm width), trimming them will be easy and take maybe 20 minutes with an xacto knife without significant impact on the rub n buff or primer underneath. 1-2mm off the top and bottom.  Just have to make the cut really gently.  Preferably, before the weathering.

It's getting shipped out in a couple hours, once my morning coffee fully kicks in.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was."
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #79 on: Jun 11, 2022, 03:28 AM »
Sorry for the late update, vode, but long story short, Jango is done!  :jango:

Took it out for the first test run at Celebration, as was always my goal, and found a few issues in addition to the already-present ones, most of which were honestly expected.

I look forward to truly finishing and getting this kit approved in the other clubs and Brigades. Thanks so much for your suport throughout this build, vode!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!